How much sleep does a pregnant women actually need?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:20 am 
Post subject: How much sleep does a pregnant women actually need?
Ok.. so before getting pregnant 6-7 hours sleep would be enough and I would never struggle waking up, was always full of eneergy etc but now im pregnant I am sleeping for 10-11 hours a night and still struggle to wake up in the mornings. When I do get up i feel tired for most of the day but late afternoon early evening I tend to get a rush of energy and an urge to do housework and then I will go to bed and sleep for the whole night, I really dont remember being this tired with Ava Question

Could I posssibly be over sleeping?

So as my original question asks, how much sleep does a pregnant woman need? xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:52 am 
Post subject:
I'm the opposite I used to sleep 9 hours a night and now physically cant sleep more than 6 ?! I feel tired allday though like you I think everybody's body deals with the stress of being pregnant differently.. X
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 am 
Post subject:
I'm almost the same stage as you and I'm absolutely fricking knackered, I'm guessing it's the second child thing, can't sit down and relax like we did first time round hey Smile

tinker28
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:29 am 
Post subject:
hi hunny i am the same too. i went to see my midwife cuz of how i was feeling to do my bloods becues i was thinking i feel low in iron!! she told me in your 2nd pregnancy you will feel even more tired then then your first. so dont worry. just try to rest when you can. but its not easy when you have a little one to look after. xxxx
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 am 
Post subject:
It never got anybetter for me lol it was the moment she popped out I suddenly felt full of energy again Laughing

My irons always been above average too Confused
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:53 am 
Post subject:
Yeh its so easy when you dont have any other kiddies to care for. I really dont remember being this tired with ava or perhaps it was just that I didnt notice how much i was sleeping lol

Its all worth it though, cant wait to meet my little girl, had a dream about her last night, she was born really quick and looked just like Ava lol xx

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
I went through this stage. I would sleep 8-9 hours a night and still be exhausted so while Alfie was at nursery I'd have a mid morning nap then I would fall asleep on the settee at 7:30 on a night before taking myself up to bed at 9/10.

Then I went through the stage of only needing about 6/7 hours and waking at likev4/5am. Now I'm in so much pain I can hardly sleep so I'm just knackered all the time x

[/url]
Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
i am tired no matter how much i sleep but like you say i have two other kids and im cooking two babies its really taking it out of me this time but defiantly worth it x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular