Wishful thinking

Xxxpolxxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 pm 
Post subject: Wishful thinking
I have a scan everyweek to check the twins and every week i hope that my disabled baby has changed position and shes just be a stubborn baby. I know its stupid and i am prepared for the worst but deep inside i keep thinking they have just got it wrong Sad when will this go??
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
aawww hun im so sorry your going through this Sad i dont think it will ever go till you hold her in your arms :/ whatever the out come you will love your baby and you want the best. *big hugs* xxxx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
I just wanted to say how touched I am that you are having such strength to stand by your baby, something alot of women wouldnt do. as rach said when you hold that baby in your arms it will all just melt away. Do you know how severe the disability is? I know you said you rejected all testing but I turned down the DS test at 12 weeks and they still told me everything looked ok anyway.. so was thinking have they suggested anyway what it looks like via the scan? xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
they havnt said how bad it is or what the condition is but it is affecting her hands wrists feet ankles liver bones in her legs and maybe her hips and knees. i just want her here so we an have answers and im sick of moaning but i dont moan in my real life i keep telling everyone im fine and all that but its getting me down now. i think what is worse is when we will be out and about people can be cruel and i have a really short fuse so ill prob end up loosing my rag on a daily basis. and i think peoples reactions will be worse as they can compare her to the 'normal' twin. xx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think those thoughts will ever go away its only natural as you want the best for them. You are both much stronger then you give yourselves credit for. Love is a powerful thing.
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
i thinks its not knowing thats making it worse Sad on the plus side only 10 week max till we meet them and we can find some answers x
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think people would be cruel. You are giving your baby a chance and not giving up on her, that is so honorable in my opinion. I have disabled relatives and nobody is nasty to/about them.. in fact, it's quite the opposite, people offering support and help where they can. I hear sad stories of babies getting aborted before a real diognosis has been made or second opinion has been given but hearing stories like this and hearing how much you love your baby fills me with joy. I wish every woman/mother had your strength and determination for their baby xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
thank you Smile xx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
thank you Smile xx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
I completely agree, it takes such strength and must be so much harder with it being the unknown but try not to think about it all, just get excited that you have two beautiful babies growing inside of you who cannot wait to be cuddled by their mummy! I'd hate for you to get so upset when the doctors could still be soo wrong, I've heard so many stories through friends and family being told their children are severely disabled and its not worth going through with the pregnancy for them to arrive happy and healthy! I'm not saying this is the case with you but just enjoy it, the unknown cannot harm you, just deal with whatever happens as it does, nothing is unreachable Smile xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular