Selling books

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 am 
Post subject: Selling books
Can anyone recommend anywhere good to sell books? We've started (going to take a long time) to clear out the house ready for LO. Have put a few bits on eBay this week and make over £100 Smile. We've got loads and loads of books though and they're just not worth anything. Seems a shame when they're £7-8 brand new and all in good condition. I thought even if I could got a £1 a book, we've got so many I could make about £50, but even that seems difficult. I've looked on Amazon but their fees are so high that by selling a book for £2.60, you only actually get 80p!! Thought about a car boot but they're all very similar books (sci-fi/fantasy) and a lot of them are in series so think I might struggle. Seen some recycling places take them, but OH would much rather someone else got the enjoyment of reading them rather than just getting recycled.

Any ideas?

x

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:23 am 
Post subject:
Have you thought about facebook? If you have a local selling page. People tend to sell books on there.. Its free aswell and you can fet them to come to you.. I have a local book selling page aswell but very quiet.... Xx
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:54 am 
Post subject:
I wouldnt go down the recycling route. my mom had loads of buffy/angel books and they gave her £5! I think they pay something like 5-10p a book

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 am 
Post subject:
there's an advert on tv that used to just buy unwanted CDs but say they will take anything now, you just scan the barcode in and they quote you.
Can't for the life of me think of the company but can visualise the advert!

xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:53 am 
Post subject:
OR there is the selling page that someone on here set up - you could list them and see how many of us ladies will buy them? it's the 'yummy mummies buy and sell' page

I love books so I would take a look

xx

XxxJaydensMummyxxX
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:36 am 
Post subject:
you can sell books on play.com, i used to buy them on there and i have sold dvds on there, all you need to do is post them to the buyer.

Faerydae
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 pm 
Post subject:
MrsOz wrote:
there's an advert on tv that used to just buy unwanted CDs but say they will take anything now, you just scan the barcode in and they quote you.

xx

music magpie? I tried them for a load of DVDs and got offered £17 for about 30 DVDs! Mad
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
I used to sell all my books/ old uni text books via amazon
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
I like reading sci-fi Smile let me know what you've got! x
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 pm 
Post subject:
Faerydae wrote:
MrsOz wrote:

xx

music magpie? I tried them for a load of DVDs and got offered £17 for about 30 DVDs! Mad

Yeah - that's it. Oh, that's rubbish!

Can you let me know what books you have too?

xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone. When I can be bothered going in the scary book room (soon to be nursery) I'll put on here what there is and also on the facebook sellers page. Had a long day in work today but will definitely do it in the next few days.

xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
Have FINALLY got around to posting them on the Yummie Mummies page. Hope I'm allowed as I'm not technically a mummy yet and they're not baby things. Hopefully people will take a look.

Have counted up pretty much 100 books today, I really don't think I'll sell that many at a car boot no matter how hard I try.

xx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 am 
Post subject:
You can put anything at all on the yummy mummies page hun Smile Doesn't have to be baby related, can be anything....so you can always try some of your other stuff before doing the car boot.

In the past I have always put my things on my local pages on facebook before putting them on ebay as there's nothing to lose, no fees, etc and it might just sell Smile
xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular