Pale poo (sorry tmi)

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:27 pm 
Post subject: Pale poo (sorry tmi)
Sam has been complaining of stomach ache on and off since saturday, but never really makes much fuss over it, and apart from a cold doesnt seem unwell.

on staurday she had 2 loose (watery but with soft lumps) poos, then her nursery said she had a similar one tuesday.

She has been really not herself today, and her nursery said she complained of stomach ache. when we got home she started crying that she needed the toilet, then had a poo, but it was soft and really pale. the little bit on the tissue when i wiped was very pale yellow.

I have googled it and it points to a lot of liver problems, (i know google is bad), or from not eating properly but she has been eating.

anybody had this and its been nothing?

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
Not at Sam's age no, but certainly Alex's poo are always a multitude of colour and have been really mustard colour a few times with no ill effects.

However I'd possibly think she's a bit constipated, a pharmacist could probably help you diagnose and quicker than getting to see your doc in all liklihood.

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Evie had this for about a week, finishing just last weekend. She (as we all did) had sickness (projectile) and diorreah (not massively runny, but soft pale yellow stools, quite watery) so I put it down to the tummy bug.

Hope she is OK

xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Tracey - she does suffer from constipation, which she had been prior to the explosive poo's, but as she has been going I am loathe to give her anything. She has had different coloured poo's, varying shades of brown/dark greeny brown/reddish brown, bit never this pale.

Mrs Oz - I will keep an eye on things then. She had a bad bug about 18 months ago, with really yellow poo's, very similar to new baby b/f poo.

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
steph181 wrote:
Tracey - she does suffer from constipation, which she had been prior to the explosive poo's, but as she has been going I am loathe to give her anything. She has had different coloured poo's, varying shades of brown/dark greeny brown/reddish brown, bit never this pale.

Mrs Oz - I will keep an eye on things then. She had a bad bug about 18 months ago, with really yellow poo's, very similar to new baby b/f poo.

If you think its constipation you could try some natural remedies, ie orange juice, prune juice, apple juice, figs, dark green veg (cabbage, sprouts etc), however I wouldn't recommend many of these if you suspect a tummy bug Sad

You could try lots and lots of water and some flat lemonade both supposed to help with tummy bugs.

Hope she's right soon. xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular