Bit confused...any idea's?

mummy2010
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:08 pm 
Post subject: Bit confused...any idea's?
Hi

I had a miscarriage on New Years Day and found out on Tuesday I'm pregnant again.

I've got 2 questions really. Firstly has anyone gotten pregnant again this quickly and had a healthy pregnancy?

Secondly, is there anyway i can work out my due date? I'm guessing i'm somewhere between 4-6 weeks, will i need a scan to confirm how far along i am? I didn't have a period between the MC and conceiving so no dates to work off really
Thanks x

Mummy & Daddys little angels 05.12.08 & 01.01.13 Never Forgotten xx
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
I think the midwife would use your mc to date you until your dating scan. Fingers crossed for a sticky bean hope you have a h&h 9 months xxxx
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for getting back to me, guess I'll wait to see midwife and get my scan booked now Smile FX this time things work out xx

baabaabaa1001
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
i have. i got pregnant with my eldest about 3 weeks after having a miscarriage and its was pretty much healthy - i did develop pre-eclampsia at the end but dont think it was related. i actually got told off by my doctor for getting pregnant so quickly but it wasnt really planned as we only did the deed once between the miscarriage and finding out we were pregnant again!!! so weird to think if we hadnt done the deed my little big man wouldnt be here!!

mummy2010
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for replying, so glad to hear its turned out well for someone! Its been playing on my mind since the +ve test.

I know they say you're more fertile after a MC or pregnancy but it was a BIG shock Rolling Eyes going to be a bag of nerves right up until scan day! x

dixxychick
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, i miscarried back in April 2010, found out i was pregnant May 2010 and i now have a gorgeous 2yr old daughter. Please keep positive xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:56 am 
Post subject:
My daughter found out she was pregnant 5 weeks after a m/c and from her scan 2 weeks later she was told she was 7 weeks so she'd conceived 2 weeks after it happened and that was the first pregnancy she carried to term , she'd had 2 other missed miscarriages previously , she wasn't trying either it was a one off BD , big shock really as she'd been trying for a full year before she got pregnant and had the m/c , so I'd say she was definately more fertile after her m/c .
Her doctor thought it had helped that she conceived so quickly Question
The advice to wait for a period before trying is only really for dating purposes,
but they can find that out for you with any early scan anyway, unless you had complications they've now decided there's no real medical reason to wait Smile
Congratulations Smile xx
mummy2010
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for telling me your experiences. Feeling much more confident now Smile
I have an appointment with the doc tomorrow to get preg test result back (they won't confirm it over the phone Rolling Eyes ) so hopefully i should hear from the midwife by the middle of next week.

Keeping my fingers crossed now, your positive stories have really helped xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular