leading a lonely life.....

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:30 am 
Post subject: leading a lonely life.....
Silly post but i just wondered if there was many of you ladies that kinda have a lonely life ?

My dh works usually 7am - 6pm. Where we live i don't have many 'friend's'. I have had car and can drive 20 mins either way of where i live to my sis in laws or my brothers but i don't like doing that too often, as its costly to keep running around. I live in a city but right on the out skirts in like a little village and its a one way system with only 1 way in & 1 way out so we don't get many visitors. My mum visits my brother way more than me.

We considered moving a little further in so we were closer to people (doing a house exchange as we are housed with the council) but my dh isn't keen & he loves our house way too much.

Sometimes i don't mind. I do get lonely, sometimes i like the quiet sometimes it makes me depressed. I wondered if a lot of it is hormonal ? And if I'll feel differently once baby is here. I've tried the whole netmums meet a mum thing but never get any responses. I've said to my husband that maybe.once baby is sleeping through i could volunteer once or twice a week to a support agency as i want to very a support worker and its something I've wanted to do for a long long time.

Sorry for the long post lol just rambled on a bit !!

Faerydae
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:34 am 
Post subject:
I'm exactly the same, I have a lot of friends but pretty much all of them live on the opposite side of town and I don't drive so I meet up with them maybe every 2 weeks

obviously I have the company of LO but it would be nice to be able to have some adult conversation more often! lol
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:53 am 
Post subject:
I know how you feel too. Outside of work I have no friends. Boo hoo. I feel like I'm always stuck with the kids and have no adult conversation. I have a sister who only lives 5 mins walk away but she has no kids and I think my rabble get a bit too much for her. I joined the gym but hate going by myself. My oh is a moaner so I don't like spending time with him. Laughing Laughing he goes out at 7.30am and comes home at 5.30.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:02 am 
Post subject:
I feel the same but I have 2 friends. One has just had a baby and lives 2 bus journeys away and the other has no time! Shes got a new job a new boyfriend and a new apartment so I feel like I never see anyone.. I live very close to family but atm they ars annoying me I think thats the hormones though lol I feel like I have no adult conversation at all.. Conversation with my oh is like conversation with my 4 yo...

Jump to:  

Community

Popular