56 days since the first of my last period ... negative hpt

MrsBarka87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 pm 
Post subject: 56 days since the first of my last period ... negative hpt
I all .. newbie here
Lat year in Aug 2012 I had an eptopic pregnancy that I was give a methotrexate injection for no tubes removed.
However I finished my last period on xmas day 2012 and still now 12th Feb no period.
Im not stressed but I have never been this late ever
I am slightly over weight but this has never caused an ossue befoee
I have had slight symptoms ... nausea heartburn back pain sligbt cramping frequently using the little girls room but no spotting
Crying or Very sad really scared and worried
Went to docs he did a urine test and it came back negative ... he then told me to boom another appointment to see him which I have for the 18th next monday

Please please help
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:21 am 
Post subject:
Is he going to do a HCG blood test to make sure you aren't pregnant, sometimes the urine ones just don't work even for women who've had a positive result before with them and its only the blood tests which pick it up Question
The doctors ones are particularly bad for false negatives as they aren't sensitive .
Have you done a test at home , maybe with an early test as they're more sensitive Question
It could just be one of those things though and maybe you didn't ovulate in January, it happens sometimes for no real reason and then you can just totally miss a period and not have one until after you finally do ovulate, your GP should be able to get an idea of whats happening though if he checks your hormones . It could even be that you ov'd late and are pregnant but it was too soon for the docs test to show yet Question
Are you worried about another ectopic ?
I only have one tube and its supposed to be blocked so i'm very high ectopic risk if I ever get pregnant so I did a fair bit of research and discovered that although you can have abnormally low HCG levels with an ectopic its very very rare that they would be low enough for even a sensitive test to not pick them up and a blood test certainly would , if you were 7 weeks or so then a scan should show something as well, so FX you get some answers when you go for your appointment xx
MrsBarka87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 am 
Post subject:
Well first when I seen him .. he said that if it came back negative we would look at what it be causing it .. however I do a thyroid problem and yea im caking myself if I am that I will .
I only want to know what is going on I went through hell not knowing if I was or wasnr gonna be a mother first time round in august but I guess I just wait and see . I have heard loads of stories about ppl getting positives later on in pregnancy .
I do hope they dont tell me I cant have kids

I guess I wait and see what he says on the 18th ..
Do you recommend a good brand ? Ive only used boots own make

Also I have had a thick white discharge and may have ovulated late ??? But its not like a normal discharge for me
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:52 am 
Post subject:
The first response early response tests are one of the most sensitive at 15 miu , as are asda own brand, then most of the supermarket ones and boots ones are 25 as are the clear blue digi , you can get some 10 miu strip tests online but they're a bit hit and miss from the reviews, a lot of Ladies seem to like the first response earlies though and in theory they should tell you from about 10-12 days after you ovulate ,
They've been quite a few women on here who've had babies after ectopics and had no problems at all xx
MrsBarka87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
Well just an update still waiting for a period but bad pains down left side like cramp
Still no further forward.
Yeah I read that hun... I couldnt cope if it happened again
Ty for ur help I preciate it
MrsBarka87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
Well new update ...
They are sending me again for urine tests I have done another hpt and it was negative however they are taking my bloods on thursday and so far 64 days tomorrow with no period ...
They also gave me folic acid ...
They are also checking my thyroid but thyroid has never gave me problems with my periods .
I am still no further forward and to be honest very annoyed Sad plz share if you also experiencing this long woth no period ... I an now starting to get desperate for answers.
I also asked about the methotrexate injection from august she said it should have no effect ...
Crying or Very sad
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Aw hun, I feel for you, I used to have irregular cycles and most would last around 60 days, it happens I'm afraid and I'm sorry about your ectopic... especially after what your body has been through, it may take some time to adjust. Did you have regular cycles before your ectopic? Its most likely your body taking time to adjust especially after the medication xxx

MrsBarka87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun yea give or take missed a secobd period now and hopefully get the results this week .. I askes the doc about methotrexate n she said it would not of had this effect
MrsBarka87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:08 pm 
Post subject:
Here we go update negative pregnancy blood test n urine sample thyroid tested nfa required I am no further with any answers Sad and still no period
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
Have you ever suffered with poly cystic ovaries? as I know that this can cause longer cycles.
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun yeah was tested for that however I hady period this morning and they are goin to do a pre ovulation check as they think im not ovaulting correctly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular