Abdominal ache inquiry.

ExcitedBeginners
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:07 pm 
Post subject: Abdominal ache inquiry.
I have a strange question about OV'ing. I am currently having Abdominal pains which reading I've learned can be felt around the time of Ovulation. My question is, is this pain normally felt the day before, the day of or after ovulation?
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
I always get pain and it alternates to which side. I was told it is the egg being released so i counted it as after but that maybe not true for everyone. Are you doing ovulation testing ? You might be able to chart it and when the [pain comes you can see if it is after or before.
Pen81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
I ussually see it as the big release. In hospital they told me the egg stays in the ovary (the egg is prepared on top) after that for about 24h for finishing touches. After that it starts its journey. So Ive always seen the pains as things moving in there, so my guess would be right before actual ov. Or at least very close.
As said by lindseylou it could be it differs per person. Most of the time we dont even notice anything as everyday life distracts us.
Good luck catching the eggy! Smile
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
I find I usually get a peak of pain, then it goes away and my AF usually turns up 2 weeks after the peak of pain, but it can vary 2 days either way

ExcitedBeginners
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:42 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies!

I'm hoping it's before. I've never paid any attention to my cycle how many days how regular or irregular until now. As far as I can tell it's always been regular enough that I get it every month and after that I pay no mind. My husband and I have discussed TTC and decided recently that it's our time. We are only on our second month so I'm just learning about tracking ovulation, basal temp and any/everything that might help increase our odds Smile

I appreciate everyones input and I hope it's a good month for us Smile

I also want to send everyone else out there the best of luck in each of yours attempts!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:13 am 
Post subject:
"Ov pain" isn't always directly related to exactly when the egg is released , for a lot of women they never feel the follicle actually popping it doesn't really pop as such not like a balloon anyway, its more the outer shell dissolves Laughing , there are a few reasons why you can get pain around your ovary area mid cycle, it can be anything from the follicle growing and putting pressure on nerves in your abdomen , to your tubes aching as they fill with mucus ready for the egg or them cramping as they move the egg along them after release, or from the corpus luteum growing after ovulation , some women find they have pains on and off all cycle Question
So its not much help for pin pointing the exact time of ov, a better one is a burning sensation, which I've had a few times as thats from the fluid in the follicle irritating the lining of your abdomen which means you must have ov'd , its very weird it feels like you've got a heat pack on the inside of your belly or someones pouring hot water in there Shocked Laughing I've only had that 3 or 4 times in 2 1/2 yrs though Rolling Eyes Laughing
But if you use OPK's and then you're doing BBT charting as well that makes it easier to pin down, when I did both I could often pin ov down to one particular day usually the day after my surge and the day before I got my temp rise and AF would be right from that ,and I very rarely had pains on exactly that day , trouble with most of that stuff is though it doesn't give you enough warning to get BD'ing well before ov, I found the clearblue fertility monitor really good for that, its not cheap to buy (around £60 on amazon ) and the sticks work out at about a tenner a month, but they sell really well on ebay when you don't need them anymore, or some women keep them and use them as a contraceptive (they warn you of your high fertility days as well as ov day Smile )
Good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular