Home pregnancy tests

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:02 pm 
Post subject: Home pregnancy tests
Might have been better putting this in the pregnancy section but I know some of us aren't TTC number 1 so might have some experience in this, my question is whats the latest someone get a positive pregnancy test , with the home tests ?
I think i'm on 17 DPO and getting negatives but with no sign of AF and the possibility of ovulating late (and only being 9 DPO perhaps Question )
If I am 17DPO I suppose i'm wondering if anyone has tested this late and got a negative but then been pregnant Question
I don't want to go to my GP and look like a crazy woman asking for a blood test yet as I was told my only tube is blocked but thats why I feel that I need to know asap if I could be pregnant as it could well be ectopic Question
If I don't get AF by next weekend which is the absolute latest based on when I could have ov'd this cycle than I will ask the GP about doing bloods but i'm just wondering what are the odds of getting negatives at 17 DPO but being pregnant based on actual experiences Question
I have found sites that say negatives around AF time are common and that most women will get a positive by the time they're a week late, but it seems on here that a lot of women get BFP's at around 10-12 DPO rather than later on Question
happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
my BFP was at 9dpo faint and really strong at 10dpo.

good luck hon, go for bloods if in doubt xxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
Not sure how many dpo I was but didn't get a bfp on cd26 or cd28, but I did on cd32. Scan dates were a day out based on 28 day cycle, so I was about 17dpo

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
I.goy.bfp 9dpo. In my mind if the hormones are strong enough to stop af it should show up on a test. I know its different hormones that stop af than shows up on the hpt but i would have thought its all linked.

Do u know for sure when u ov'd? Xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
I had a negative pregnancy when carrying my daughter over 13 years ago. I would have been 6 weeks when I tested. 11 weeks later I found out I was 17 weeks pregnant at the doctors for something else. Missing periods is normal for me though my longest cycle was 2 years ! I was shocked to say the least.
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 am 
Post subject:
No Erin thats the problem this cycle i'm not sure for the first time ever Shocked
Everything was pointing to cd12/13 as being ov day which would also fit with the month before (I had clear cm for 3 days before, bloating, a headache slightly sore boobs, OH got a bit frisky Embarassed and I even had strong one sided pains etc. Laughing ), but my morning temps were up and down afterwards instead of staying up, and I didn't get any of my normal post ov signs like sore boobs or heartburn,and my cp stayed high and soft but closed but my cm was white (I hadn't checked it before cd13 though so no idea what it was like then or my temps because I was so relaxed this month Rolling Eyes Laughing ), then about a week later on the saturday (cd 20) I had one day of clear cm and a higher temp that was around a post ov temp so then I wasn't sure if that was because I was around 7 DPO or if that was ov Question
Then my cm went back to white again but my cp has been lower some days but stupidly high others but cm has always been white since , but then my temps stayed a bit up and down until this saturday just gone (cd 27)when I expected AF and now they've been consistant with my post ov temps for the last 4 days Rolling Eyes and i'm only now getting sore boobs Shocked
So i'm completely confused Question
If I ov'd on cd12 then i'm 18 DPO today Shocked I don't really think cd 20 was ov day as apart from clear cm there was nothing else and my cp wasn't right for ov Question ,with the temps I had been having I did think I might not have ov'd at all and was having an anovulatory cycle Question , but now they've risen I think I must have I just don't know when Embarassed Laughing
I did find a site yesterday that reviews tests and they had BFP's by DPO on there and I was very surprised to see that at 10 DPO only about 45% of women who tested got a BFP (these were all women who went on to have a pregnancy confirmed) and even at 17 DPO 10% or so were still getting negatives on pretty much all brands including the early testing ones ,and even up to 21 DPO there were still women getting BFN's (about 4%)that were actually pregnant Shocked Question
Of course some could just have had their dates wrong for ov , but it also said on there that levels in the urine don't always correspond with levels in the blood which I know happened with a reversal lady who had a faint test but very high blood levels Question
Banoffee I've heard a few times of women getting negatives when their levels should definately be high enough for a pos , I know how shocking it is though suddenly finding out your pregnant and not just a few weeks as I had the same last time although I didn't test until 13 1/2 weeks Laughing
I think all I can do is wait and see if AF shows at the weekend and if not then ring the docs on Monday , as I have the added complication of a high ectopic risk and you can have very low HCG with ectopics , I've even read about women having tubal ruptures without having a positive home test Shocked
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 am 
Post subject:
It took my friend till she was 9 weeks pregnant before she got a positive on a test. She knew she was pregnant as felt completely the same as with her first, but for some reason every test she did was negative.
Don't want to give you false hope, but it is possible. However with your ectopic risk, you're right, you do need to know.
Good luck honxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:09 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Smile I don't hold out any hope to be honest, but I have felt a bit weird off and on since friday,slightly nauseous,heartburn, off coffee, felt dizzy a few times, sudden bouts of tiredness , but could just be hormones playing up Laughing and I've had all of that at one time or another in the 2ww Rolling Eyes Laughing
I don't think I'd trust my judgement anymore on what being pregnant feels like because its been so long I don't think I can remember and last time I was I was oblivious for over 3 months Embarassed Shocked Laughing
I just have a strong gut feeling that if I have ov'd it was on cd12 so can't understand why AF isn't here yet and I've felt very teary the last two days Shocked not like me if AF is imminent, but that could be put down to crazy 2 ww hormones as well Laughing
Either AF will show up soon or I'll go nuts waiting I suppose Shocked Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular