no appetite?

nds
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:05 am 
Post subject: no appetite?
even before i found out i was pregnant, i was not a big eater other than for junk food (i could eat a mcdonalds at any time.. seriously), i rarely feel 'hungry' other than for my dinner break at work. at the minute i am 7 weeks pregnant and just worried that i'm gonna miscarry or something because i can't eat much. crisps, mcdonalds, pretzels, i can eat and eat and eat, but of course i'm not allowed them at the minute! i'm trying to eat but i just can't seem to physically do it. i get full quickly with meals and always leave half of whatever i've been given, nor do i like eating fruit or veg! (fussy, i know). so of course i'm just panicking Sad does anyone have any advice or ideas please? xxxxx
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 am 
Post subject:
If all you can manage is Macdonalds or crisps then I'd say go for it. Yes, it's not the healthiest thing out there but it's going to be better for your baby than not eating anything at all. Have you tried all kinds of fruit and veg? Maybe there's something you might like if you try a bit of variety.

x

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:27 am 
Post subject:
Maybe try little and often or graze through the day rrather tHan forcing yourself to eat a meal you dont want? McDonald's in moderation is fine. I was having one a week cos I really fancied it lol.. I know you said you dont like veg but what about salad? Maybe keeping chunks of cucumber and pepper with some dip to eat with them close by?? I found it very hard to have an appetite earlier on in my pregnancy and grazing helped x
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:33 am 
Post subject:
morning heath Smile
of course i'd rather not, i am trying to eat a proper meal, i just can't seem to get a good way through it. mostly yes, i like turnip and can cope with babycorn but only with roast dinner.. potatoes are fine, and i can just about manage a banana (i seem to heave with eating these).

morning rach.. okay i can try that too rather than forcing it upon myself. i haven't had a mcdonalds yet (ok i had some fries) and i probably had that on my lunch break 3 times a week.. honestly its a wonder i'm so tiny!

i guess anything is better than nothing? but of course the healthier it is, the better too. i'm just a worrier and panicking i'm not helping my baby Sad

thankyou! xxxx
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:21 am 
Post subject:
Just eat what you can when you can. It's just as important to keep hydrated as it is eating. I didn't fancy cooked food when I was in the early stages so was just grazing on cold foods. It soon passes and then your appetite should pick up a bit to start eating better again.
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
yeah i'm ok with drinking.. will try the grazin thing see how it goes.. fingers crossed. thankyou for your help xxxxxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular