Desperately seeking positive thoughts...

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 pm 
Post subject: Desperately seeking positive thoughts...
Hi Ladies,

Well as the title suggests I am in desperate need of some positivity... I am currently 10 weeks pregnant, I have my scan in less than 2 weeks but my pregnancy symptoms have been getting weaker over the last few weeks and I'm so paranoid that they will tell me I have a blighted ovum at my 12 week scan... I know there is no rational way of knowing without a scan but I very stupidly Googled it and so many people have unfortunately experienced this that I have convinced myself I am one of those people too.

I had a m/c in Sept last year, as a result I have only told our parents we are expecting as we didnt want the added pressure until we had the scan, we haven't 'named' the baby (we called our first Bean), emotionally I am the least attached to this one compared to my previous 2 pregnancies, I haven't put a ticker up, not thought about names or anything because I am so frightened it will end in tears...

Sorry to post such a pessimistic thread, but if anyone can offer any sort of reassurance, I would be so grateful, I'm so down and convinced this little one isnt growing Sad xxx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
Big hugs. REally no words can help, I know I've been there, 1st pg I got to the 12 week scan and baby had died at 7 weeks, then I had my darling son, then 2 more mc's and am now pg again. When I went for the 12 week scan this time I was an sbsolute wreck, tears, panic attacks the works, and once once I'd seen that heartbeat did I calm down.

BUT the thing to try and keep hold of is that the majority of pg's are successful, everyone stresses and right now of course you don't want to bond just in case, but remember symptoms can start to disapear once your body starts to regulate some of those hormones.

Good luck hun, I hope it all works out fine for you. xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you, I'm so sorry to hear of your losses... I know I will just have to bide my time until the scan to find our for sure, if I still felt as sick as a dog I don't think I would be so worried which is silly really... This whole ttc/pregnancy journey is such a rollercoaster!x

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
Aww hum. I know where your coming from and because of my mcs i paid for an early scan because i was torturing myself.

With my 3rd mc i lost the baby at 12 weeks but was still being sick 6 times a day.

With this pg i was sure something was going wrong every day my symptoms were less and i had lots of days where there were hardly any.

My doppler was my god send. I hired one to make sire i had a really good one...but if you cant find hb then you might worry more. It took me an hour the first time!!

Also dont google. It used to all the time then worried myself stupid!

I would either book an.early scan or get a doppler xx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ELP, Im sorry ot hear of your miscarriages too, its such a cruel experience...

I thought about getting an early scan but felt that I would be counting down until 12 weeks regardless and we have just moved house so couldnt justify spending the money really, I don't think hubby would approve either Rolling Eyes I guess I may as well wait it out, my scan is on the 18th so not long now, at least I have my daughter at home to keep my occupied and as no one knows no one talks about the pregnancy to me anyway which is a small relief.

I know anything can go wrong, I'm usually a very rational and positive person (albeit a realist) but I'm just feeling so afraid, fragile and I have no control of the situation (which I hate, I'm a bit of a control freak Embarassed )

I know what you mean about the doppler, I would totally freak if I couldnt find a heartbeat, although I might look into this, as I'm only 10 weeks, do you think it would pick up the HB??xx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Did some brief research on a doppler, I have a retroverted uterus and from what I can find, most people with this don't hear the HB on a doppler until 12 weeks + so I think I would end up torturing myself more if I couldn't find anything, will have a think about it xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hun its normal for your symptoms to disappear at 10weeks as thats when the placenta starts to do the work and looks after babies needs. Xxx

Chloal
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
sorry to hear that you are going through so much worry, it is so hard isnt it when symptoms start to fade. I haven't ever had a miscarriage but I can appreciate that you are worried sick.
Both my pregnancies in the very early weeks left me worrying because I had hardly any symptoms at all. I used to wish myself to be sick just because I thought it would be a confirmation that something was actually going on in my tummy. I spent a lot of time comparing my pregnancies to friends as well, which I soon learnt wasn't the best thing to do, particularly around baby's movements later on in the pregnancy. Turned out that I had anterior placenta which cushioned a lot of the movements, coupled with having a bicornuate uterus so space was a big issue for my little boy.

I have a doppler I borrowed from a friend and couldn't pick up a heart beat on it until after 16 weeks, the ones to hire may well be more sensitive but my midwife said that she wouldn't use the doppler until 16 weeks. I went into triage for a trace last week and the midwife there said she was surprised that she picked up the heartbeat so well and I was 26 wks!

I hope that the next 2 weeks pass quickly for you, like you say you do have your little girl to keep your mind occupied. Never easy though eh. These little ones make us worry so early on and for the rest of their lives, lol. I am going to be old and grey and still worrying about what my children are up to.

big hugs xx
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:36 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for the reassurance, April, i'm glad you said about the symptoms subsiding because the placenta is taking ovrr, that gives me a good reason for not worrying so much.

Chloal, I think I will forget about the Doppler for now, I think I will just become more paranoid! If thats at all possible!!!

Yes, we start worrying about our children before they have even come into the world, thank goodness for hair dye and chocolate!

Spoke to hubby about how I feel, he said he remembers that I was like this during my first pregnancy too.I kept I pregnancy diary then and read a few entries this evening, and he's right, I was feeling the same so hopefully all will be well x x

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:11 am 
Post subject:
Poppytops I second what April said its totally normal for symptoms to get less around 9-10 weeks , and often they go completely by around 12-14 weeks once the placenta is fully functioning, one of the reasons for nausea is thought to be to stop women eating potentially harmful things in the first 12 weeks before the placenta is fully up and running and able to filter out some of the harmful stuff Smile So it makes sense that it would start to go around then Smile A lot of women find they don't feel pregnant at all from about 12 weeks until they start to feel kicks Smile
I wouldn't take any notice of the myth that there's a link between not having symptoms and m/c's , the only two pregnancies that I didn't have any bleeding or a single problem of any kind in, were the same two that I also had not had a single classic pregnancy symptom with Smile In fact with my last I didn't even realise I was pregnant until after 13 weeks as I had no signs whatsoever Shocked Embarassed and he was waving away on the scan perfectly happy and healthy while I'd been oblivious to him even existing Embarassed
Not long to wait now for your scan , i'm sure everything will be fine Smile xx
Pumpkin80
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:14 am 
Post subject:
Hi, I've been worrying about the 12 week scan too, I've got mine next week but seem to have had no symptoms really. Had a couple of evening sickness moments (only feeling nausea not actually sick) and now have itchy nipples but that's about it! No one knows I'm pregnant apart from my husband and I've tried to not really think about ring pregnant, tod my hubby ill only believe it when I see the scan! Good luck everyone due their scans soon x
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hope these two weeks fly by for you hun - but be reassured by the fact that your hormone levels reach a peak at around 8-9 weeks and symptoms calm then... so your feelings are normal and don't necessarily mean bad news at all! *hugs* xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for all of your words of wisdom ladies, I have my scan tomorrow eeek I'm still not convinced things will be ok, I keep catching myself fantasising about being able to tell people and seeing baby on the monitor then I catch myself and put it out of my mind... Not long now, I keep counting the hours which is ridiculous xxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular