Feeling very frustrated and worried!!!

Ginger2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:50 am 
Post subject: Feeling very frustrated and worried!!!
Ok so i really want to try and have another baby butttt...heres the catch....ive been Trying to lose some of the baby weight from my 1st baby,been working out like crazy/dieting but still not at the weight i wanna be at to get pregnant at.. i dont wanna gain a whole bunch more weight im already a plus size women and really uncomfortable and unhappy with my weight...its really holding me back and scaring me.....because with my first child i gained 40-45lbs...and if i got pregnant now that would make me 20lbs heavier then the last time i was pregnant..Sad i just dont know if this whole weight issue should bother me this much but ive been thinking about it a lot and id like to hear from some of you if you ever felt like this and how you dealt with it??really would love to hear some advice,or anything..:(pleasee
MrsZargon
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, just wanted to tell you about my friend who also was a "plus size" lady before she fell pg with her first baby. When she was pg and under the care and advice of her consultant she ate a well balanced but healthy diet and once she had given birth found that she actually weighed less than she did before the pregnancy, she then went on to join slimming world and continue her weight loss and she now looks fantastic!. I guess what I'm trying to say is that just because you are pregnant doesn't mean that you have to eat a lot of the wrong type of food, im not at all suggesting that you can "diet" when pg, just that if you are already overweight you don't have to gain exponentially when pg. I'm sure that you could talk to your gp about a healthy eating plan that would be good for you and your growing baby? Lastly if you feel ready to have another baby I would go ahead and try, I took for granted that we would be able to fall pg a 2nd time whenever I chose and nearly 18months later we are still trying and I wish we had tried earlier!

Good luck whatever you decide xxx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
You can do slimming world while pregnant, the plan is slightly different to account for baby's needs too though - but slimming world is basically healthy eating.
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:53 am 
Post subject:
hi...well thank you all for responding you really gave me some good advise and kinda eased my mind about my whole weight issue and what not...especially about your friend...that was nice to hear!!and inspiring Smile...also i have never heard of slimming world what is that??
Ginger2
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:56 am 
Post subject:
i mean where can i find out more information about slimming world...would i have to see a dietician about this or use google? Embarassed Confused
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
www.slimmingworld.com

You can either find classes(which I'd recommend as the support really helps) or sign up as an online member. Where abouts in the world are you?
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
Im in Canada New Brunswick.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
Pants. Looks like they're only in UK, Ireland, Cyprus and USA. Sad