sooo cross.

nikki238
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:18 pm 
Post subject: sooo cross.
Me and oh were referred to the hospital as been ttc for 2 years with no success. Have had all the investigatory tests,cd day 21 and cd days 1-3 blood tests. Scan. Oh semen analysis. None of which we know any results of yet! Not sure if we need to make an appointment at the hospital or if they'll contact us? Oh went to see the gp for the results of his first sa, but the doctor was a big vague, just said there was very little sperm, but didn't give any figures or say anything about motility etc, so still none the wiser. Just said to go and do another one as he'd only left it 24hrs since he last ejacuated before doing the test. We didnt know you had to leave it 2-3 days. Anyway the consultant asked me to go for a hycosy, which I should have had yesterday. So I turned up for my appointment, only to be told they couldn't do it because I was on cd 21 and there could be a chance I was pregnant and the procedure could either wash away the fertilized egg or cause abnormalities to an already implanted embryo. I understand all that but I know I haven't even ovulated yet. I said this to the consultant and he said " well how do you know that?" , I said that I track my cm and cp. He said said that wasnt a definate indicator?!. I know my body and can always always pin point ov to the day. Also they know how long my cycles are so know i wouldn't have ov yet.So I'm soo mad. Now the hycosy has been rebooked for april which ive worked out to be in my next fertile window, so will have to phone and rebook it for may. Which is why im really p***ed off. Just want to go and get our results and for someone to explain to us what they mean. Dont really want to have the hycosy anyway as I'm worried it'll hurt. And im pretty sure my tubes arent blocked anyway as have had two pregnancies. Sorry about tbe huge ramble just feel like we've been left dangling a bit, and just want to know some results, but get the feeling they wont tell us until after ive had the hycosy.
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
Ar sounds like you are having a crappy time Crying or Very sad

Dont worry about the hycosy its fine honestly, mine hurt more as I think I have weird uterus issues Rolling Eyes

It can be good too as it flushes your tubes out so if anything in there it can flush it out - I have read a lot of ladies get their bfps after it due to the flushing!!

I had the same as you noone would explain our results or even give us them Twisted Evil
We actaully found out the results when we went back to our gynea - do you have a follow up appointment? as thats when they went through ours?

It will happen in the end if you have children already I cant see it not, my friends where ttc their second for 3 years and decided to give up (after having all the tests and no bad results) and it happened for them

Stay positive as hard and annoying as it can be xxxx
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for replying teebs. Yes had heard hycosys are good for clearing out your tubes! It may sound bad but I don't really know why we're bothering, as would have to pay for any treatment, if they did find anything wrong and we couldn't afford topay. It all feels a bit hopeless. X
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:32 pm 
Post subject:
I would say they probably didn't go through is SA results with you as it was only 24 hours you'd left it so the results wouldn't be accurate. No point worrying you with bad results and details if they're not a true representation.

Sounds like they're messing you about re. appointment though. They should have told you to book it between certain days rather than letting you turn up for appointment.
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:43 am 
Post subject:
If you have tubal issues that show up on the Hycosy you don't have to pay to get them treated, you can have a tubal cannulation on the NHS, or other forms of surgery .
I had a HSG rather than a Hycosy but it wasn't particularly painful , taking ibuprofen can help with the pain and buscopan helps stop cramping and spasms in the tubes, sometimes a blockage can be a mucus plug which can be washed away by the contrast solution so it is worth doing Smile , plus then at least you'll know what you're dealing with , I found TTC and not knowing far harder than knowing what was going on in there Smile
My proximal blockage that the HSG picked up and was confirmed on two laps had gone when I had my cannulation Question Unfortunately I had another further along Rolling Eyes but if you've never had tubal surgery then its more likely to be a mucus/debris blockage if you have one at all and they can often be removed or eventually go on their own Smile x
nikki238
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks nat. I am really nervous about having done. Some people say it really hurts and others have said it was fine. I know tbat to have it done is a good thing in more ways than one! And like you said its much better to know whats going on in there. Its killing me not knowing our other test results yet!! Confused Im pretty sure its that my oh has a low sperm count, which is why it took 7 years to conceive our son. So we're only bding every 2-3 days instead of every day during ov and timjng it more precisely! Hoping that will do the trick!! Xx Wink
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:36 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks nat. I am really nervous about having done. Some people say it really hurts and others have said it was fine. I know tbat to have it done is a good thing in more ways than one! And like you said its much better to know whats going on in there. Its killing me not knowing our other test results yet!! Confused Im pretty sure its that my oh has a low sperm count, which is why it took 7 years to conceive our son. So we're only bding every 2-3 days instead of every day during ov and timjng it more precisely! Hoping that will do the trick!! Xx Wink
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
You can buy cheap sperm tests online, they just have a dye that sticks to the sperm so the darker the dye the more sperm present, not any good for telling you sperm quality but give you a rough idea of numbers Smile Mind you that means wasting a sample to try them out Rolling Eyes Laughing
Some docs will tell you though that as long as the quality is good then the count isn't as important , and as you said only 24 hrs isn't long enough to wait before testing as all the figures they quote as normal are based on a 3 day waiting period Smile
I know its said a lot but it really only does take one sperm to fertilise an egg , so having a few good strong swimmers can be better than having loads that can't swim straight and haven't got the energy to get there in the first place Smile
I've started back on the tribulus terrestis, recently its supposed to help with problems like sperm anti bodies for men and women and in men increase sperm count and motility , for men and women its supposed to improve libido and it may help boost ov for some women too , I have to say I have noticed a difference in one area but not sure if that's because my OH is back in the gym again or if its just down to the tribulus Laughing
I just figure as we're getting close to the end of trying that if it can't hurt we might as well give it a go Question
Hope you get an appointment through soon for those results Smile x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular