I feel like such a rubbish mummy

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:45 pm 
Post subject: I feel like such a rubbish mummy
I don't know if the way I'm feeling is completely normal, or whether I need to speak to someone and maybe get help...

I've been really upset tonight because I just feel such a rubbish mummy sometimes. I feel so tired and stressed all the time and get so cross with Noah and Sam at little things that I'm sure I should just ignore (like them climbing and jumping on the sofa (I worry they'll fall and hurt themselves), or scrapping with each other). Is it normal to get so cross and stressed, like every day?

My hubby works long hours and I only work part-time, so I spend most of my time with the boys, and so it feels like I'm always the one that does the disciplining, and all the difficult stuff. Hubby gets to do all the fun stuff, and they adore him. It's always "daddy this" and "daddy that", and "I love Daddy so much".

I just feel like such a failure and that they deserve a better mummy with more patience. I've NEVER hit them or anything like that, but sometimes I just feel like I'm shouting all of the time. I'm scared that they're gonna grow up only ever remembering me being cross with them. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 am 
Post subject:
I think we all have days like that. Some days I feel like all I do is tell them off and say no. But then if you were letting them run riot and didn't set boundaries you wouldn't be a good parent.

It's the climbing on the sofa and the stealing of toys that normally causes me to get cross. Oliver went through a phase of hitting Sophie but that's stopped now because I think I kept saying no and putting him on the naughty step. Very stressful at the time!

I'm by myself a lot too as hubby works away and no family near and find that it's quite stressful being the one ultimately responsible for bringing the children up. I've found that trying to find some time for myself in the day has helped, like if Sophie has a morning nap then to put on the tv for Oli for a bit so I can sneak off for a quiet cuppa! It just recharges my batteries as they are both so clingy and are always with me wanting to climb on me all day long Rolling Eyes Laughing xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:24 am 
Post subject:
I have that feeling alot. Especially since being pregnant,, I'm not able yo do as much with them so they seem
to push my buttons that bit more and I feel guilty cos I shout all the time without making up for it and getting down and playing with them.. I do feel like I get all the hard work cos when daddy comes home at teatime it's a different story.. But he literally does all the 'fun' stuff xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular