open day nursery

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:02 pm 
Post subject: open day nursery
been to see avas teacher today (shes 3 in nursery will be 4 in august), i was quite surprsied to hear that ava when shes couting to ten she mixes all her numbers up : / ive heard her count to ten before and in order, sometimes she does mix up the numbers should i be concerned? im obv going to encourage her to start counting in order but i didnt relize it would be a problem till they were older. Also another thing which does annoy me a little, they mentioned she likes to play on her own .... which i dont see a problem with as she does join in when asked too, she likes her own company as do i ... but i feel guilty as i feel shes an only child this is why shes like that!! ?? but then i think sorry but im not going to pop out another child just cos my LO is lonely lol !!! id like to concentrate on the child i have ! (we are ttc but left it till now cos i wanted LO in full time school before another came along) grrrrr im a little put off with the comments .... AND she said ava seems to just cling to one child (she does have a bestie called evie and she does go to her house for dinner sometimes) whats wrong with this? im sure she interacts with others because when i take her to see her playgroup friends she plays with them all .....
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think anything you've said there is of concern! Obv my two are twins yet they both prefer to play alone so I really don't think being an only child is the reason. I wouldn't put too much time into worrying about that tbh. As for numbers, she's 3! My two can only count to 3 x

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
I don't see why people are so concerned with things like this in a young child, they don't know what's going on, how is she meant to know they HAVE to go in order? And maybe she doesn't like the other children? Haha
I wouldn't worry, she sounds like a perfectly developing little girl! Xx
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:41 am 
Post subject:
They never used to do all this at nurseries , now its all development this and development that, but kids are individuals so they don't all develop at the same time and they don't all like the same things Question , some like big groups and being the centre of attention and others like quite play , I really wouldn't worry about it .
There probably a checklist somewhere of things they have to tell you about because some pen pushers decided they should Rolling Eyes She sounds perfectly fine to me , if you weren't worried before I wouldn't be now Smile x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular