For those that got married in a Church

Jo3x
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
That's ridiculous!, I got married in a catholic church cost us £250 and £30 each for the marriage banns the £250 included everything bells, organist ect ect maybe it depends on the area? or church? Shocked Love Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxx

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 am 
Post subject:
I am CofE and hubby is from a baptist church,we got married at my church which had fees - BUT OTHER DENOMIATIONS DON'T CHARGE! Well most of them don't anyway, its the CofE that have to charge but try and find out about the others - baptist, methodist, freechurch etc
123babycakes
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 am 
Post subject:
We didn't pay anything for our church wedding. I think if you are a member of the congregation that makes the difference. We made a donation for the heating and lighting (we married in December) and gave gifts to the organist and stewards.

If you really want a church wedding why not try a different denomination? You'd be surprised how some churches actually WANT you to get married there, and therefore won't rip you off.

....and yes, I think this church where you have got these prices are really having a laugh at your expense as a non-church goer.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular