I really need some help in deciding whether or not to test?

cheezit
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:01 pm 
Post subject: I really need some help in deciding whether or not to test?
I went off of microgestin fe 1 20 about a week and a half ago. I usually start my period immediately after I go off the pill, but I had only been on it for 2 months, so I didn't think much of it when it didn't come. about 3 weeks prior to going off the pill, I started spotting a little, rarely heavy unless after sex, even then still light. I had brown discharge and I was extremely constipated. I had had my regular menstruation cycle 2 weeks before this. The brown discharge and spotting lasted for about a week. I thought the spotting was just due to me getting use to the pill, but I haven't had a real period in over a month. I have been feeling nauseated, but not a lot, just little spurts of it usually in the morning or at night. I have been beyond constipated. my doctor even put me on miralax which kinda helps, but not much. I'm getting cramps like I am going to get my period, but it won't start and I've been cramping for a week. I usually start the day of the cramping. Someone please respond. I have no clue what to do. My friends don't think I'm pregnant but I've never had symptoms like this. if the spotting and discharge was my period, I am late as of this week.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
You don't get periods on the pill they're just withdrawal bleeds , but the spotting and other signs you had could have been ovulation related Question
Its less likely on the combined pill as ovulation doesn't normally happen , with the POP up to 40% of women still ov , but if you've stopped the pill and not had a withdrawal bleed I would test ,
most women do get a withdrawal bleed every month with the combined pill so missing it could be a sign of pregnancy .
I got pregnant on the pill 4 times in total, 3 on the combined and one on the POP , with the 3 on the combined I just felt like my period was on its way but when it didn't show Question , constipation is a pretty common early pregnancy sign so is nausea but they can all also be caused by hormones so the only way to know is to test Question
With my last on the POP I didn't test as I often missed bleeds and by the time I did I was 13 1/2 weeks Shocked , so i'd always advise anyone who's not sure what's happening just to do a test to rule pregnancy out Smile
I had no signs at all that time , Hope you get the result you want x
cheezit
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:57 pm 
Post subject: thanks
Alright. I was on a higher dose of microgestin before I started fe 1 20 but I didn't really think it would affect me weirdly. I'm trying to wait it out and see if I start because I really don't want to buy a test if I don't have to. I've been craving things and things have been tasting differently and smelling stronger. I don't know if I'm just freaking myself out or not.
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:18 pm 
Post subject:
I'd just take a test. If anything it will give you peace of mind either way.

cheezit
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
Thnks guys. I also have had a history of anorexia and bulimia but this was about a year ago. So I don't think that can be related to this could it? I've never missed my period before either. They have always been pretty regular. I wasn't getting my period while on the sugar pills, it would usually be a week or two early, but I was having one once a month up until the brown discharge and spotting. The only time the blood would flow more heavily was during intercourse. Intercourse was also hurting a bit more than usual.
cheezit
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:21 am 
Post subject:
Also I get really sharp pains sometimes and my stomach feels stiff and sensitive on my right side at times. Could this be due to the constipation? I'm also getting whitish discharge and yellowish at times. I know I don't have a yeast infection.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 am 
Post subject:
Well there's a couple of things there, yes anorexia can stop your periods if your weight drops below a certain point, your body fat levels help control oestrogen production which plays a big part in controlling ovulation, if your fat levels are too low you won't ovulate, no ovulation no period , but as it was a year ago its unlikely to have any effect now .
Mid cycle bleeding though is strange with the pill, you normally get it when you take the fake pills or have the weeks break because of the drop in hormones, so if its happening at another time in your cycle I would ask your doctor about it Question
Bleeding during sex also needs to be looked at as does pain during sex as it could be a sign of a problem ,anything from abnormal cervical cells to ovarian cysts to endometriosis to PID can cause pain internally during sex, the sharp pain and one sided tenderness should also be looked at , one sided pain can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy where the baby lodges in the tube , it would need to be treated asap .
White discharge is totally normal, as long as its not lumpy and doesn't smell funny ,most women notice white cm for part of the month and clear cm at other times its to do with the hormones, yellow discharge isn't so normal, but I have heard some women get clear but yellow tinged discharge in early pregnancy Question , but again it might be worth getting swabbed, without being too disgusting if it looks more like something that would come from your nose if you had a cold it could be a sign of an infection which could also be causing the pain and spotting, if it is and is untreated it could turn into PID which can affect future fertility .
I would definitely get a pregnancy test , for the sake of a few pounds its better to know where you stand , and book a doctors appointment either way to get the reason for the pain checked out x
cheezit
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 am 
Post subject:
As far as the anorexia goes, I'm fine with body fat, my body has built itself up again. I did go to the doctor and she pressed on my stomach in the area it hurt. She testes my urine and everything and said I was constipated, this was my pediatrician though at the children's hospital due to the fact that if something goes wrong with my stomach after being bulimic, it can mean something's very wrong. This was about 2 weeks ago though. I've just been noticing the pain and everything getting worse even though she gave me medicine. She was not testing my urine for pregnancy though. Everything was normal. She was not informed about the irregular period though. The bleeding during sex only occured during the spotting period. Otherwise I normally won't bleed.
cheezit
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
I was also only on the pill for 2 months... so I don't think I was fully adjusted to it yet.
cheezit
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
I took a test last night. Bfn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular