It feels like it's getting complicated

kad1979
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:46 pm 
Post subject: ... life's not boring... neither for us, nor for our gygy...
Hello Ladies,

Thank you very much for your messages... I was really touched to have recieved them. It is nice to be able to talk to someone about what is happening without feeling the excitement of the people and therefore in a manner of speaking a certain amount of stress.

A couple of weeks after we lost Joy, my husband and I went on a retreat. To get away from it all and to reach out to God in a way in our difficult time. We tried being strong for each, but I am sure he had his private moments like I did.

We got back home a week later we celebrated my birthday (Monday). On this day we went to see my gygy who told us that the tests that were done on Joy were positive, there was nothing wrong with Joy, there's nothing wrong with me(yay). He explained that sometimes it just doesn't happen and we never know why. He then told me to come by on the 3rd day after my periods for a check up to see how I am doing. But when the periods would come we did not know. I was to wait patiently...

On Wednesday (the 6th) I started staining. I thought it was an erratic period as I was told after a miscarriage it might take me at least around 2 cycles for things to get back to normal. So, on Friday I go to see my gygy. We do an echo and he finds an amniotic sac (18mm), but cannot see an embryo. He is confused as he did a cure after the miscarriage and is very sure he removed everything. He calls me back in 2 weeks to see if there has been a developement.

2 weeks later, we go back to see my gygy. He still sees the sac. This time it is 30mm. He also sees the follicules that will produce progesterone during the "pregnancy" but still no baby. We are confused, hopeful and scared at the same time. He asked me to do a BHCG test (blood test). Did it on Tuesday and it came out positive 2-3 weeks.

I am not sure what's happening, except that the last time he saw Joy only when I was at 51/2 - 6 weeks. I am trying to be pessimistic so that I am not too disappointed but am not really sure about it all Question

Would love your feedback!!!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
At 4-5 weeks (dating from the last period) or 2-3 weeks dating from conception ,its normal to only see a sac but no baby , from 5 weeks (3 since conception) then normally a fetal pole can be seen and from 6 weeks (4 from conception) a heartbeat might be visible , so I suppose its just a case of wait and see , but the timing sounds right for you to have conceived after your last miscarriage , it can happen very quickly sometimes , my daughter conceived again 2 weeks after she miscarried and now has a little girl .
Hopefully things will go well with this pregnancy , good luck xx
kad1979
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks DL... Your little note fills me with hope... Merci beaucoup Smile
kad1979
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:38 am 
Post subject: Update
Hey Everyone,

Firstly, I hope you had a great Easter with your families.

So I pre-poned my apt. with my gygy and went to see him on Saturday with my blood test results that should 2-3 weeks pregnant. He looked at my blood test and said, aaahhhh the amount of HCG is very faible, so we will wait a couple of weeks.

He's off on a holiday for around 10 days. So my next apt. with him is once he's back. In the mean time he has told me to do an HCG test after 15 days but I am however really tempted to do another HCG test towards the end of this week as well. I feel like I just need to know if the HCG is increasing...

My pregnancy (if that is what this is) seems pretty different from the last one. My stomach feels different. Last time it sort of felt normal. This time I"m not bleeding, the last time I bled (althought very slightly) throughout the month. The gestational sac is bigger than it was the last time.

I feel positive about this, but I'd jus like a confirmation Very Happy what do you'll think I should do?
kad1979
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Everyone,

I tried taking a clear blue test today, which seems confused itself. I can't make out if it is showing me that I am pregnant, or if it feels that I might be pregnant but it is not sure... Question I would just like to have either a yes or a no... this is getting a bit frustrating now
nds
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
just caught up on this thread - so sorry to hear what you went through, i can't even imagine. i sincerely hope your next appointment is good news. as DL said, you'll be suprised at the amount of women that concieve such a short time after a miscarraige.. i have my fingers crossed for you and i'm wishing you all the best with everything. i hope you get your answer soon and i'm hoping it's a good one for you. try to relax, worrying will do you no good - i know it's difficult though. take care of yourself, keep us all updated xxxxx
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular