Oww, sore hips

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:03 pm 
Post subject: Oww, sore hips
Well have had everything easy so far and loved every minute of being pregnant. Since Friday though my hips have been killing. I didn't want to have to moan at all, so sorry. Have been counting down the weeks left at work in excitement, and found it unbelievable how quick they're going. But now 5 weeks of work seem ages! I'm in a job that involves standing for the majority of the day :/

I assume it's common at this stage to start getting pains as the weight and pressure increases.

xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
I remember having some aching on thighs towards the end but no hip pain. I wonder if it could be the start of SPD for you. Try getting a bump band to support your bump.
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hip pain has got to be the worst side effect of pregnancy.. With posture change and the weight of baby it puts alot of pressure on but like banoffee said it could be the start of spd/pgp.. Warm baths and hot water bottles are a godsend but if you start with any extra pains in your pubic bone definately contact your midwife! My midwife fobbed me off as that the pains were normal last time.

Hope your ok Smile not long now Smile xx
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:52 am 
Post subject:
Yep hun all normal especually if u are standing. As u say there is a lot of pressure i had spd but i a nice warm bath helped xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:08 am 
Post subject:
I never had any problems with ava really when it came to back ache etc but this time I have crippling bavk and hip pain. It even hurts when I sit down.

Im not really bothered though just because I know I only have 11 weeks left, and anything is better than the sickness I had in the the first and second tri Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its shocking how fast this pregnancy is going! Hope feel better soon. I think pains are normal though xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:15 am 
Post subject:
Glad to hear it's normal. Mentioned it to my midwife on Monday and she said it's probably due to standing all day. I've got a week off work next week so she said to rest it as much as I can and if no better next time I go she'll refer me to physio.

A girl in work said I was 'waddling' for the first time yesterday!! I'd said I wasn't going to waddle haha!!

xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular