trying to conceive on clomid...

bakermommy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:40 pm 
Post subject: trying to conceive on clomid...
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 7-8 months now. I recently went to the doctor and he did some blood tests to check various hormone levels and make sure those were normal and they were which was great news. He did say that based on how long my cycles were ranging some being 32 days and others being 40, 43, 38 days I was probably experiencing annovulatory cycles and not ovulating on a regular basis. He prescribed Clomid and I took my dosage from days 3-7. I am currently at day 16 and have not yet detected my LH surge, I am using OPK as my doctor advised to help pin poiny ovulation. I am also taking my BBT each morning and charting that. I am hoping ovulation comes soon and this will be my ticket to my dream come true. Does anyone have any advice, information, any information is greatly appreciated.. My husband and I are continuing with regular baby dancing hoping for our miracle <3
denise3031
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:54 pm 
Post subject: Re: trying to conceive on clomid...
bakermommy wrote:
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 7-8 months now. I recently went to the doctor and he did some blood tests to check various hormone levels and make sure those were normal and they were which was great news. He did say that based on how long my cycles were ranging some being 32 days and others being 40, 43, 38 days I was probably experiencing annovulatory cycles and not ovulating on a regular basis. He prescribed Clomid and I took my dosage from days 3-7. I am currently at day 16 and have not yet detected my LH surge, I am using OPK as my doctor advised to help pin poiny ovulation. I am also taking my BBT each morning and charting that. I am hoping ovulation comes soon and this will be my ticket to my dream come true. Does anyone have any advice, information, any information is greatly appreciated.. My husband and I are continuing with regular baby dancing hoping for our miracle <3
hi am in the same situation and me and my husband been trying for years 6 and i just started taking last wed 2 6 days and igo back to dr to see if the med is helping any i surely hope so that will be the day iwill be so grateful .. but i will keep u in prayer best wishes to u Smile
bakermommy
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
I wish you the best of luck as well, I will keep you in my prayers also, maybe this will be the time for both of us! lots of baby dust flying
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
Has the dr tested you for PCOS? If you are having annovulatory cycles PCOS could be the cause. You might ask about being prescribed metformin. Metformin can help clomid work. Best of luck!
bakermommy
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
I had blood work done at my last doctor apt where he prescribed clomid, he did routine hormone testing including hcg, lh but I am not sure about testing for PCOS, I will have to mention this to him and go from there. I am waiting to see what happens this cycle. I am on day 17 and he said that if by day 35 I don't have a period and I have a negative test to come in and they will give me something to bring on the period so I can go from there. He told me to try the clomid for 3 cycles and we can look further into things then. What kind of test do they perform for the PCOS?
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:32 am 
Post subject:
To test for PCOS they can check hormones and do an ultrasounds. Won't always show up on hormone tests. All my hormone tests came back fine in the beginning. They didn't do to much testing bc I was having periods. They checked me for PCOS severals times and while the couldn't find a clear diagnose of it they prescribed me metformin. They started me on clomid and later femara after a year of trying. It wasn't till I was on clomid and femara and started doing CD 21 bloods that they found out I was annovulatory. Nothing worked so I was moved on to an RE and he did an ultrasound and diagnosed me with a severe case.

I have heard metformin with clomid helps alot of people. The only warning I will give you is it can be rough on your stomach. The bottle says take with food. I always get sick taking it with meal but an 30-60 minutes after eating I had no problems.

Good Luck!
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:34 am 
Post subject:
I find it a little odd that after only 7-8 months trying and some blood tests that your doctor has jumped to the conclusion that you 'probably' arent ovulating every month even with normal test results. Did you have your progesterone levels tested in more than one cycle to confirm you wasnt ovulating?? If you have then your doctor really should be referring you to a gynaecologist for further investigations first rather than just putting you on clomid straight away which may not be what you need.

I know its frustrating but 7-8 months trying isnt that long and is still within the 'normal' range.
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:25 pm 
Post subject:
the tests that were done on the last blood draw were to test the hormone: FSH, LH and one more I beleive estrogen that works with triggering ovulation. All were within normal range. My doctor was concerned about the possibly of my body not ovulating normally each cycle. I stopped bc back in july 2012 and got my cycles were 40 days the two cycles after stopping and then there was a 38 day cycle, then a 43, then a 32, and then another 43. With this wide range of cycle variences he thought I was experiencing some annovulatory cycles and the low dose of clomid would help get things going again. He wanted me to start with this and see if I have success and go from there. When is the progesterone test done, I am thinking mid cycle about? Are there other tests you have heard of providers doing? I was seeing my gynecologist and she referred me to this doctor who is an OB/GYN with experience in fetility consults.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
It sounds like your body is still regulating itself since coming off of the pill. You should be sent for an ultrasound scan for one to check your ovaries. Progesterone levels are checked around day 21 assuming you have a 28 day cycle, if your cycle is longer then the test would need to be done later.
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:08 pm 
Post subject:
I did not have the progesterone test done then. My normal cycles prior to being on BC were about 32-33 days in length. While on BC I had the set 28 day cycle. I will for sure check in with my doctor about having that test done and see also about an ultrasound to check the tubes and ovaries. I am hoping it is something fairly simple and just that it is taking longer to get pregnant cause my body is trying to regulate since stopping the BC. I am hoping soon there will be good luck. Thank you for your advice and thoughts, it is very much appreciated
denise3031
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
TTC1stbaby wrote:
To test for PCOS they can check hormones and do an ultrasounds. Won't always show up on hormone tests. All my hormone tests came back fine in the beginning. They didn't do to much testing bc I was having periods. They checked me for PCOS severals times and while the couldn't find a clear diagnose of it they prescribed me metformin. They started me on clomid and later femara after a year of trying. It wasn't till I was on clomid and femara and started doing CD 21 bloods that they found out I was annovulatory. Nothing worked so I was moved on to an RE and he did an ultrasound and diagnosed me with a severe case.

I have heard metformin with clomid helps alot of people. The only warning I will give you is it can be rough on your stomach. The bottle says take with food. I always get sick taking it with meal but an 30-60 minutes after eating I had no problems.

Good Luck!
goodmorning think for responding back he told me that before he gave me blood wrk i had and exam and i was told that i had a cyst about big as a grapefruit so right know i dont know if its that why am in so much pain or the med clomid i guess i will have too wait and see be incouraged Wink Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular