terrified

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:59 am 
Post subject: terrified
This is probably gonna be a really long post so I'll apologize first..

I dont really know who to talk to anymore... My midwife is lovely but I dont think she can help..

Ive had pretty bad spd all the way tthrough this pregnancy since 8 weeks ive been in pain and ita only getting worse.. I'm on crutches and a support belt but cant really use the crutches when Im with the kids (all the time) and ive got to the point now where I cant barely move my right leg at all..

Ive been to the consultant and seen thr obstetritians due to babies size but luckily shes not quite as big as my little boy was (shes 8lb6 now) and ttalked to the obstetritian about my fears of damaging my pelvis worse in labour and all he dod was tell me it was fine and I could have an epidural if it was too painful..this is something the physio recommends you dont do as your stuck in the worst labour position and cant feel if your making your pelvis worse or not..

My fears are getting worse and worse and I laid in bed this morning and tried to see how far I could open my knees.. And struggled to even lift my knees let alone open them... And when I did I managed literally to open a gap about 6 inches nd my thighs were still touching (I'm a bigger girl)

I'm getting induced on my due date if I havent already gone into labour.. And I have no idea how it's gonna be possible if I cant open my legs for them to even check my cervix...

The obstetritian shut down any questions I had about a possible csec.. Which while I dont want surgery I cant honestly see any other way of getting this baby out..

I had spd with my little boy but never this bad and my spd was completely ignored and I was induced and made to give birth sitting with my knees pushed up to my shoulders... I definately have no chance of that this time

Sorry I did say it would be long... I dont even know what I'm asking I think I jist needed to write down what I'm thinking... Xx
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:48 am 
Post subject:
i was induced at 38 weeks for it with Louis and i was told by my physio to give birth on all fours or on my side as laying on back can cause more damage spd was horrendous and i have it again this time and i was all fours last time and plan to be this time unless i can progess naturally after only 1 pessary then i will go for water birth x

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Hun, I had absolutely terrible spd with this pregnancy, and gave birth to a whopping 9lb13 baby girl naturally with just gas and air! Tbh, the only time from about 10 weeks that I wasn't in absolute agony with my pelvis was when I was in labour! I don't know if the contractions were worse that I forgot or if it was the adrenaline etc but it didn't bother me at all?

I gave birth lying on my back but my labour was very quick, don't know if this helped?

Try not to get yourself worked up about it because I bet when things kick off it will be the furthest thing from your mind!

StaceyRD
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:05 am 
Post subject:
9lb 13 is good, but nothing compared to Rach's 11lb middle babe Wink

I don't have advice but want to wish you the best of luck. Hopefully your body will take over and fight through any pain you have so you are comfortable throughout your labour. Alice will be here soon!!! xxx

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:48 am 
Post subject:
Does your hospital have birthing stools? I have seen them but they didnt offer me one in my hospital but I found the toilet the comfiest place and could have given birth there. Takes pressure off everywhere xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:57 am 
Post subject:
wannaBmummy wrote:
Hey Hun, I had absolutely terrible spd with this pregnancy, and gave birth to a whopping 9lb13 baby girl naturally with just gas and air! Tbh, the only time from about 10 weeks that I wasn't in absolute agony with my pelvis was when I was in labour! I don't know if the contractions were worse that I forgot or if it was the adrenaline etc but it didn't bother me at all?

I gave birth lying on my back but my labour was very quick, don't know if this helped?

Try not to get yourself worked up about it because I bet when things kick off it will be the furthest thing from your mind!

Thankyou for sharing your experience most of what I found on Google has said the same about the pain not bein there in labour.. My labour was short with Lewis as I was iinduced so hopefully this one wi'll be the same? Lewis was 11lb!

Thankyou Stacey Smile im not counting.. But 9 days!! Haha x

I'm not sure about birthing stools but as im being induced I dont know what I'll be able to do cos with Lewis I was on the drip and monitor and nor able to move?

Ive come to the conclusion I just need to keep busy and keep my mind off it as much as possible Smile

Thankyou for replying Smile xxx
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
I guess it depends how you are induced then. Fingers crossed you just need the pessary so you can still be active xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular