Day 1-5 bloods Advice

Loz123
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:44 pm 
Post subject: Day 1-5 bloods Advice
Hi Ladies

I have had my first appointment with my con this morning. He went through my blood test results and the 21 day bloods showed i didnt ovulate, although when my doc did them last time they showed i did. Also today he said the 1-5 bloods he wants to repeat as they show a very low egg reserve, and that of a 45 year old!! he thinks the test is wrong but it has me concerned Question so i am going to repeat that one, and also i am having the dye in tubes test, and i see him for the results in...OCTOBER! so i have to wait till then to find out if i have any eggs or not? i wish he hadnt told me now. he thinks its incorrect though. and my doc told me all these tests were fine last time. Seems like some months i ovulate and some i dont. Question is, last time i had day 1-5 bloods i went on day 4, what is the best day to have the blood test do you think is it day 1?

Thanks xx
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
I don't understand why you have to wait til October can't you just ring for the results over the phone even if you don't have the actual follow up appt til oct?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
There's not supposed to be much difference between results on cd1 or cd5 but I think I'd go early if it was me , the cd1-5 test doesn't give the best picture of egg reserve (the AMH is supposed to be better for that) it just tells them if your body is having to work a bit harder to get you to ovulate which can be a sign of peri menopause , which can last for years ,as many as 10 even ,or you can just have one off high levels they do naturally fluctuate so I'd try not to worry, maybe if you genuinely don't ov some months then that could explain it too if you're body is just having to work harder to ov Question If that's the case then something to kick start things like clomid might help , I would ask for a copy of the results to be sent to your GP or for a telephone consult to explain the results , keeping you waiting until October is ridiculous ,Good luck with the test x
Loz123
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply that makes me feel better Smile they just said you'll discuss your results at your next appointment which they then told me was oct! But I suppose I could ring for results didn't think of that!! Do they just give u a level and u look it up yourself? I've been thinking all day I've got no eggs, I couldn't really understand him though Very Happy thought it was strange as I only had my son 3 years ago!! Xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular