Cars

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:36 pm 
Post subject: Cars
Anyone know anything about cars or have a mechanically minded oh?

Our car has breathed it's last. It is/was not a family car (alfa romeo) and has cost us a fortune over the last few years.

We have a budget for a new car of £2500 - £3000 max and want a reliable family car. Would be grateful for any recommendations?
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:24 pm 
Post subject:
i ve got a Vauxhall zafira and its the best car I ve had, I ve also had a ford galaxy and that was a pretty good car to, although my husband is a mechanic and he much prefers the zafira as its the most reliable x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Iv just recently had a ford focus, (an upgrade from a corsa) and everyone I know that are mechanices/know about cars give them really high praise. Depends on how big a car you need, although you can get the estate version. I was told the pre 2004 models are the best, and either the 1.6 or 1.8 zetec petrol, or the diesels are the best engines.

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:27 am 
Post subject:
We've had a zafira which was great we then down graded to a renault megane. Not the best looking cars i agree but if you can get a 1.5 diesel its £30 a year to tax. We have 2 i drive a 4 door my hubby a 3 door. He travels about 30 mile to work and gets on average 70 mpg and i drive around the city and get on average 60 mpg & because they are 5* safety rated they are cheap insurance. Its a good sized family car for us.
If we were to go bigger i would get either another zafira or a renault scenic.

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, trying to get oh to make a sensible choice. Unfortunatly he is a typical 'boy with his toys'. He seen a BMW estate today he likes. I'm not sure.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular