baby number 3.. in the works

bakermommy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:26 pm 
Post subject: baby number 3.. in the works
Currently my husband and I have been trying for baby number 3 for close to 9 months. In march I was put on clomid due to being unsuccesful, irregular periods/ovulation, long cycles. I have been charting my bbt's for 4 cycles now and I have found that to be very helpful. I have had people mention to me about polycyctic ovaries, blocked ovaries, other things that can cause infertility... it has my head spinning. Are there symptoms you experience with anything like those. My doctor did do blood draws back in march to check my 3 main reproductive hormone levels and they were all normal. Is that good, I am thinking it is. But is there more checking I should have my doctor do. I don't have health insurance at the time but I am enrolled in our clinic/hospitals community care program and I am prepared to pay what I need to to have this baby! Our other two children were conceived in 4 cycles or less so that is why I am more worried this time around. I was on the birth control pill in between the first two children and then when my second daughter was about one and I was done nursing I started the patch. I removed it last july 2012. Any word, comments, answers would be greatly appreciated... We want another child so badly, they are truly a blessing
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
I would say since you've had your hormones checked it might be worth your partner having an SA before you spend on further tests.
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
does a guys sperm change in a matter of a few years... his health is still very good.. Our other children are 7 and 4.. I had never thought about a SA for my husband cause there was no issue with the other two. My doctor had never even brought it up cause he was thinking that all that I was telling him and he was seeing was from my being on the bc patch. can you do a SA at home, how accurate are they? I didn't know if sperm levels, motility and mobility changed over a few years.. my husband is only 32. he is in good health, doesn't smoke, only an occassional light drinker. eats fairly healthy takes his vitamins...
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
It CAN change in a matter of a few years. Overall health, maintaining a healthy weight, stress etc. all make a difference so if this changes his sperm could too. (In fact, they can change in a matter of months. My hubby's first one was so bad they were talking about IVF with ICSI but when they repeated it everything was fine.)
I would advise that you don't look at it like there IS a problem with one of you and think of it more as ruling things out. Sometimes it does take some couples longer to conceive even with no problems. I know that doesn't help your situation any. xx
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:58 pm 
Post subject:
I am going to my doctor appt this afternoon and I am going to mention having a SA done on my husband just to make sure all is ok there. Also being on clomid I was warned about being monitored so I wanted to see about having a few more tests/procedures done to make sure all areas look good. I want them to check my tubes for blockages or anything abnormal, check my ovaires for pcos and anything abnormal with them.. I just want to know that everything is clear so the clomid can work (hopefully) I am hoping to get some answers from my doctor today and soon a pregnancy can be acheived. thank you for your message
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
I don't get why they'd give you clomid without checking your tubes first to be honest. You're right to be thinking to get checked first tbh.
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
I spoke with my doctor yesterday and he is having me come in tomorrow to have the HSG test to check my tubes. He said the reason why he didn't in the first place was because I have already had two children the chances are very low that I would have blocked tubes. He did say that it is a good choice of mine to have it looked at though and rule that out. He said I am showing obvious signs of ovulation so if the tubes are clear I am to continue with this round of clomid and then one more if it unsuccessful.. and then come back in for a recheck and we can look into more tests. He said he doesn't feel my husband has any problems associated with his sperm either cause he has had two children with me and we are the only sexual partners both of us has had. No risk of STD so no reason to test him quite yet. He thinks it will be one of these times. He can also try uping the dosage of clomid if it doesn't work. Hoping we don't have to go that far. I also started using essential oils that a friend recommended for fertility. I remain hopeful
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
It's a pain all this fertility/infertility tests/drugs rubbish. So jealous of people who get pregnant easily.
Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
I had my HSG test done on wednesday and he said everything looked just fine/normal just like it should. The uterus looked good as well as the tubes! He did say that sometimes people can get pregnant easier after this test is done cause pushing that dye (contrast) through can give them a good flush and help clear anything that may be in the way or even get a kink out that was there, I sure hope this is true. I finished my 2nd round of clomid today and I continue to think positive and look forward to what the future holds. I agree though all this fertility stuff is difficult and I am more than ever envious of others who get pregnant so easily and quickly... Good luck to both of us
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:29 am 
Post subject:
Indeed, good luck to us both! (and everyone else). xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular