laparoscopic surgery

TTC1stbaby
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:47 pm 
Post subject: laparoscopic surgery
I am having laparoscopic surgery on Wednesday to remove scar tissue. The tissue is locking my right ovary behind my uterus and the dr was unable to safely get to it during my last egg retrieval. Has anyone had a laparoscopic surgery to remove tissue? How long did the surgery take? Did you hurt for a long time after the surgery? Did the surgery help you conceive?
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:56 am 
Post subject:
Hi there,

I had laparoscopic surgery for something slightly different - I had a blocked tube. Laparascopic surgery is normally pretty quick , I think I was in theatre for around 40 mins - 1hr tops. The surgery was successful in the fact that my tube was unblocked but it didnt help us achieve a natural pregnancy.

Some tips for when you go in I would say are:

- Wear loose fitting bottoms (I wore joggers) you'll be bloated after and a bit tender.
- Stock up on some wind relief tablets for at home as you can suffer with trapped gas in your shoulders which is quite painful.
- Make use of the pain killers they give you.

Recovery for me was around 2 weeks to feel fully back to myself, was tender a while and the bloating lasted at least a week too so I lived in jogging bottoms etc..
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks so much! I will make sure to wear lose fitting clothes and I hadn't thought of anything to deal with wind or having shoulder pain. I will have to get some meds. The dr told me to be prepared to spend 1.5 - 2 hrs in surgery bc he thinks he will find a ton of scar tissue that he will than precede to remove. He is also going to check my tubes. He said since he is in there he might as well do everything at once.

After the dr unblocked your tubes what steps did you take? If you were doing IUI or IVF at the time did they make you back track and just use fertility drugs.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:58 am 
Post subject:
I had laproscopic surgery to try and see what was happening with my tube as well, I had some scarring removed, pelvic adhesions are annoyingly common it seems and each op can cause new ones, I had scarring over my bladder removed with my reversal, then adhesions on my left tube removed during my second lap and then with my last op (a laproscopic tubal cannulation)I had another adhesion on it but in a different place which they left as it wasn't causing a problem Rolling Eyes My reversal took about 2hrs, the other laps much less,one was only about 1/2hr, it really does depend on what they find Question
I have to admit I felt worse after the longer anaesthetics, more groggy and out of it, but pain wise I was fine with all of them ,you will probably feel wiped out the day you have the op and you do get the shoulder tip pain which for me varied a lot between the ops, but as Nutty said something like windeze can help with that, so does keeping mobile and that goes after a couple of days, I had some lovely bruising around my belly button about 4-5 days in which made it impossible to wear tight waistbands Rolling Eyes but apart from that I felt fine within a few days Smile
The surgeries didn't help me personally with my fertility but I have internal scarring on my only tube and that can be difficult to remove, the external adhesions are much easier to sort out, Good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular