When is enough, enough?

TTC1stbaby
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:38 pm 
Post subject: When is enough, enough?
Dh and I are starting our 2nd round of IVF and our egg retrieval and transfer will be at the end of July. We have been discussing when we should give up. My egg retrievals have to be done laproscopically bc one ovary sets so high. I am not sure how many times I want to be cut in an attempt to get eggs.

I have always dreamed of being a mother but as you ladies know IVF is financially and emotionally draining. When is enough, enough? When do you throw in the towel and just hope you get lucky on your own? DH and I have began looking at adopting in the future and they want you to have closure on your infertility and your desires to have a biological child. I am not sure I can ever close the door on wanting to experience the joys of having a baby growing in my womb and giving birth. If we adopt a child and have a biological child later I will love them both, they will both be my babies.

So I guess my question ladies is when do you throw up your hands and admit defeat and start looking for closure? How do you get that closure? American Adoption agencies want that closure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular