Age appropriate?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:08 am 
Post subject: Age appropriate?
Is ava too young to go to the cinema. I really want to take her but not sure how she will be..

What age did you take your little ones? And how were they? Xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:14 am 
Post subject:
We've taken Isobel a few times - first took her about a year ago - and she loves it. We've taken her to the theatre as well (only pantomime, The Gruffalo's Child and Ben and Holly). With the cinema, our local cineworld does weekend tickets for 90p a person if you get them online so we did that as it wouldn't have been too much waste if she didn't stay. She doesn't budge though!! Ben took her to see Tinkerbell and The Secret of the Wings (I think that's what its called - something with fairies!!!) a couple of weeks ago. I know my cousin's little girl is 3 months younger and doesn't sit very still but Izzy's fine. Take her!!
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:42 am 
Post subject:
I think it depends on your child.. Lewis wouldnt sit still at all.. Charlie would though but I cant take one without the other... If you thibk she would sit then take her Smile xx
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 am 
Post subject:
Odeon do a 'newbies' screeening in the week for parents and young children, and they also do a kids club on a weekend. It may be better taking her then as it will all be children so it wont matter so much if she isnt quiet.

I have thought about taking Sam but I doubt she will sit still. Although she hassat and watched Toy story, Lion King, and garfield on DVD but isnt interested in other films.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
I think it is totally down to how you think your child will be.

I couldn't get my LO to sit still long enough to watch the adverts nevermind a film so I veered well away from the cinema until I thought she would sit still long enough. We actually went for the first time in March to see The Croods and she was great! Loved every min and sat and actually watched the film (just over an hour or so long).

She did get bored towards the end and was up on her feet but I'd sat us on the end seats against the wall so she couldn't escape and during the day the kids movies are pretty quiet (unless yuo go during the school holidays).

xx
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Well I took her and I was pleasantly surprised! She doesnt have the nickname miss wiggle for no reason but she sat and watched the whole film. It was a brilliant film too, I hate films usually but really enjoyed it. We had one blip when the lights went down she got a bit scared and she sat on my lap but other than that she really enjoyed it. I cant wait to take her to monsters university next month as shes mad on monsters inc.

Glad I took her as we got a chance to have some quality time together before baby comes alomg plus it's usually my oh who gets all the fun with her was made a nice change xx

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
Glad she had a nice time, the pics were well cute Very Happy
Although no idea what the heck you were drinking, it was so weird looking Laughing Laughing

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
Haha it was a fanta slushy thing. They are ao nice. Was addicted to them when I was pregnant with her xx

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
I would love to take Flick to the cinema. May do it next weekend when I am off and it is only 75p for kids Smile x
Glad you both had a nice time xxx

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:46 am 
Post subject:
EmzandFlick wrote:
I would love to take Flick to the cinema. May do it next weekend when I am off and it is only 75p for kids Smile x
Glad you both had a nice time xxx

My god where do you go?? Cost me best part of 15 quid when I took my LO Shocked Shocked

I thought it was a bit steep charging £6.00 for her, shes still only a 'baby' but we were charged the full child price.

xx
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
Lilly the odeon and vue do kids clubs on weekend mornings and during half term for reduced prices. It's ridiculous isn't it when it's full price. I take Shannah and Kieran fairly often to see the latest releases and last time we went to see Wreck it Ralph and I also took my niece Ruby and with 2 adults and 3 children it was £45. That was with a snack tray thingie for each of them and some popcorn for Adam and me but still! £45! I'm thinking about getting one of those cards for carers where you get free or reduced entry.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
I didnt realise they do kids club kind of thing, I nearly fell over at the price for just the 2 of us to get cinema tickets......and that was before we hit the sweet/popcorn stand! A trip to the cinema just for me and my 3 year old cos the best part of 25 quid! Me and OH are debating baby number 2 at the mo and its things like this that really put us off as everything just seems so expensive!

xx
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:37 am 
Post subject:
I think two is the ideal number if you're going to have more children as mot family tickets etc are catered towards families of four. Kids are so expensive! I want to go to disney in france next year and the price is going to be outrageous even though we will probably only take 3 of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular