Booking holiday for new year, advice needed

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:09 am 
Post subject: Booking holiday for new year, advice needed
Hi all

We've not been abroad since before the kids were born and we've decided it'd be nice to go over new year. I've looked and as expected its sooooo expensive. The cheapest is Tunisia but looking at the weather reports the ave temp is only 16, it's cold at night and there is only 5 hours of sun (10 hours of daylight) in Dec/Jan.

My Q is can anyone recommend destinations/countries based on experience of being there in Dec/Jan time and also would it best to hold off and while everyone else is Xmas shopping get a last minute deal in or is that a risky move?

Thanks

Terri xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:05 am 
Post subject:
I always go long haul Christmas/new year. I know people who go to the canaries or Cape Verde in December and weatger is usually pleasant along with Egypt. I always book late for Christmas / new Year and the best thing to do is keep looking regularly for a deal. Another tip is dont limit yourself to one particular airport if you can because regional departures the prices do vary.
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:41 am 
Post subject:
We went to Tunisia for my 21st in 2009 and if I'm honest it was the worst holiday I've ever had abroad, although it was classed as a Winter Sun Resort most places we're closed because it was "out of season" and the weather was horrendous, I had two jumpers and a coat on at one point and we spent most of the week in the hotel room. Then to too it all off it was warmer on the ground in Gatwick when we got back xx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
We went to Egypt in Dec 2008 and weather was brilliant

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
I've never been but my sister has been the canary islands a few times in november/december and the weather has been lovely. We're going Egypt in October hopefully.

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:14 am 
Post subject:
We went to lanzarote one November and the weather wasn't great. Had quite a bit of rain and cloudy days. Quite a lot of the restaurants were closed too.

x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular