Keeping bottles warm

Maz1982
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:05 pm 
Post subject: Keeping bottles warm
I have had an idea as I am trying to make feeding easier due to my baby feeding every 2 hours and want to check if it is ok. Would it be ok if I made up 6 bottles before bed time and keep them in a small fridge which keeps things warm as well as cool then taking them out as I need them and adding formula. The water should be at the correct drinking temperature but if not I could keep a bottle of cooled boiled water next to the fridge in a sterilised bottle and add this to the warm water to mix the water to the correct temp and puring away the excess before adding formula? I hope that makes sense my son just doesnt like waiting more that a minute for his feeds and bottle warmers just aren't quick enough.
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

Its not really recomended to store pre made formula milk as the powder isn't sterile so bacteria could develop. Perhaps if you kept 2 sterilised thermous flasks - one with cool sterilsed water and one with warm sterilised water so that you can mix these to the correct temperature when its feeding time.

Hope this helps.

Han x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular