is this normal or not

helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:21 pm 
Post subject: is this normal or not
hi ladies, this month i have started to use ovulation test strips..i have had a very faint 2nd line for 2 days but today the 2nd line is barely visable..is this normal ? i have never used these before so not very sure.i am on cycle day 10 from a 26/27 day cycle,with my calculations i should ovulate this wwekend...any advice will be appreciated..xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
The lines can seem to vary before ov, sometimes they get lighter then darker again, could just be a weaker sample as well, sometimes mine seem to fade out again just before the get very strong and I get my surge , I'd just keep testing, then if you get good lines maybe test twice a day if you have enough tests , Good Luck for the weekend xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Yep lines tend to fade in and out before ovulation that's what happened to me. Keep testing and if you have enough test twice a day, I used to do one late morning and then again about 4 ish. I had months where it was negative in the morning and positive in the afternoon so thats why Id always recommend twice a day as its easy to miss the surge x
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:02 pm 
Post subject:
As the ladies said above, I always advise waiting 4 hrs before going for a wee & then testing as that is when your urine will be at its strongest Smile Good luck Smile xx

helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
thanks ladies for all the replies..
helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Beckylouisexx wrote:
As the ladies said above, I always advise waiting 4 hrs before going for a wee & then testing as that is when your urine will be at its strongest Smile Good luck Smile xx

4 hrs..really..lol..is it ok to drink in between that..lol..that seems a long time to go without a wee..lol..xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:37 am 
Post subject:
I got the internet cheapy ov tests and I used FMU with those so I didn't have to wait for a pee so long as there's no way I can go 4 hrs Embarassed Laughing when they got strong lines then I'd test more often and just try to cut back on drinks but still never made it to 4hrs and I always got my surge on them Smile Good luck x
helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:33 am 
Post subject:
thanks again for the replies, what is puzzling me is i am due to ov this weekend but still no surge, is this normal and how long b4 ov should i expect the 2 dark lines..xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
The surge happens anything from few hrs before ov to 48 or even as much as 72hrs before, for example this month I got my surge last Friday morning, could have been happening overnight though as I had a big temp drop Thursday night which is why I used my last OPK in the morning Laughing and I know I had ov'd by Sunday because TMI , my cervix was closed and cm had gone white again Embarassed Laughing and my temp was up to normal post ov temps,so it was probably Saturday, but could possibly have been Friday day/night Question it's very hard to pin down properly, you might find if you haven't been testing before that you don't actually ov when you think you do even with a 26/27 day cycle it could be as late as day 16/17 (next Tuesday/Wednesday)and still be considered normal Question
Like Nutty said though it can be negative in the morning and then positive a few hrs later , once I had a weak line with FMU at 6:30 am, went back to sleep for an hour tested on a whim at 8am and it was a pos Shocked and stronger than the control as well, so it can happen very suddenly, Good luck xx
Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
It does sound like a long time lol I know but I always thought your urine needed to be strong to get a good result instead of using weak urine?! I'm trying to think where i got that info from. Think it was on the packet of my opk's. My bad though if this information is incorrect! 😀 I do wish you luck though xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular