anymore 40 + mummies..

helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:09 pm 
Post subject: anymore 40 + mummies..
hi was just wondering if there are more 40 + mummies on here.. i was 40 in january and ttc baby number 5 Smile must be mad haha..we have 4 boys from 21 to 3 ..but we would love to add just one more before its 2 late..would love to hear of your experiences with ttc ..
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:18 am 
Post subject:
i was a 42 mommy when i had my Lily who is now 2 years old. i have a 2 other children as well.
i wish i could have had another one, but i should really take our ages into consideration now. my DH complains about the bruises on his knees crawling after Lily and he will be 50. We are love being older parents and we so much more relaxed.
enjoy. Age knows no bounds!!
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:35 am 
Post subject:
michelletv wrote:
i was a 42 mommy when i had my Lily who is now 2 years old. i have a 2 other children as well.
i wish i could have had another one, but i should really take our ages into consideration now. my DH complains about the bruises on his knees crawling after Lily and he will be 50. We are love being older parents and we so much more relaxed.
enjoy. Age knows no bounds!!

aww thank you for the reply..did it take you longer to get pregnant with being slightly older..my next af will be my 4th cycle(if she arrives) , guess i just took for granted i would fall straight away like all my other boys.xx
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:58 am 
Post subject:
i was 37 when i fell pregnant with Haley who will be 8. i fell pregnant first time.
unfortunately before Lily, i had 2 miscarriages, but i endured.
i suppose as we get older, our eggs are not so healthy anymore. so its really a matter of waiting for that healthy egg to come along.
i was lucky in that i fell pregnant every 3 months. after a miscarraige, i waited for a next period and then fell pregnant on the 3rd AF.
same when i fell pregnant with Lily. i had a misscarraige in March and fell pregnant with Lily in June. luckily she stuck.

i wouldnt worry about it because you will fall pregnant, its just a matter of time.
wishing you loads of baby dust Smile
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:08 am 
Post subject:
michelletv wrote:
i was 37 when i fell pregnant with Haley who will be 8. i fell pregnant first time.
unfortunately before Lily, i had 2 miscarriages, but i endured.
i suppose as we get older, our eggs are not so healthy anymore. so its really a matter of waiting for that healthy egg to come along.
i was lucky in that i fell pregnant every 3 months. after a miscarraige, i waited for a next period and then fell pregnant on the 3rd AF.
same when i fell pregnant with Lily. i had a misscarraige in March and fell pregnant with Lily in June. luckily she stuck.
i wouldnt worry about it because you will fall pregnant, its just a matter of time.
wishing you loads of baby dust Smile

aww thank you, i had my 4th son just b4 i turned 37 and i fell pg straight away after coming off the pill, this time it was the mirena coil i was on..took 6 weeks b4 i even got my 1st af.but they regular at 26/27 days fingers crossed Smile
xx
womble29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
I had a baby when I was 40 and another when I was 42. I didnt have any problems conceiving but did have miscarriages between them. Dont think this was age related though as I had multiple miscarriages before I had my eldest son when I was 24.
I am also much more laid back with being a mum in my 40s then when I had my other 2 children in my 20s. But I do get a lot more tired than when I was younger and can be a bit more impatient by the end of the day.

Being 40 really isnt old- I even had a home birth when I was that age and everything was completely fine.
Good luck.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular