Could I be pregnant??

judda
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:58 pm 
Post subject: Could I be pregnant??
Hi everyone, I am new to these forums but I was hoping someone could help. Myself and my husband are TTC we already have a 3 year old girl. I was on the Depo injection from April 2010 to Aug 2011 (last jab was Aug 10th 2011) my periods returned to normal Oct 2012 (cycle - every 28 days). My last period was June 14th, I downloaded a app on my phone which told me when I would be ovulating which was 25th-28th June, we `done the deed` 21st,23rd,24th and 25th June, then on Fri 28th June I went to the toilet to find I was spotting, this lasted for 3 days (it was light red in colour, and not as heavy as a normal period, day one and day three the blood was only there when I wiped), I thought that it could be implantation bleeding as I had implantation bleeding with my first. I didn't find out I was pregnant with my first until I was around 8 weeks, I had remembered starting to bleed (which I just put down to a period starting early) and I was told by the midwife it was implantation bleeding. However this time around we are TTC and I have been feeling very sick and I am also experiencing slight cramps in my lower abdomen and lower back, I am also very tired which is very unlike me. My next period is due this Friday (12th July) I bought a clear blue sensitive pregnancy test and tested first thing this morning it took a while for the result to appear and when it did it was negative, I know I was early testing as you are meant to test day of your missed period but it did say you could test 5 days before missed period. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and gone on to get a positive pregnancy test the day of missed period. Thank you in advance for any advise xx Smile [/quote]
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:27 am 
Post subject:
To be honest the bleeding was maybe more likely to be ov bleeding with the timing Question It's hard to say though as without using OPK's there's no way to be certain when you ov, the apps just go off what is an average for your cycle length and aren't reliable at all ,that one is basically saying you should ov between days 12-15 whereas even with a 28 day cycle it could be anything from day 9 to day 18, in fact looking for your own bodies clues is a more reliable way than an app Smile
If it had been an implant bleed then testing 10 days later should have given you a positive result if you were pregnant.
They say 5 days before the day your period is due for testing(including that day and the day you test) so it actually means 10 days post ovulation as they also base that on a 14 day luteal phase, trouble is implantation can be pretty much anything from 5 dpo to 12 dpo so some women will get a positive at 10 dpo and others wouldn't until maybe 14-16 dpo even if they ovulated on the same day due to these differences in implantation Question
You're not out yet though, even if it was ov related rather than implant related you could still be pregnant and it is perfectly possible to have a negative test and then a positive one later .
If you're not pregnant though and really want to maximise your chances it might be better to try OPK's for a month rather than an app Question That way you'll know when you get your pre ov surge and can concentrate on BD on the right days, which should be the day of the surge and about the next 3 days,as sometimes it can be days away from when you think it should be and sperm on average only live for 3-5 days in your body so it can be easy to miss the right time , Good luck xx
judda
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply, I will definitely get a Ovulation kit this month and try that. Thanks again Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular