new dad 2nd time but struggling

gazzuk123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:36 am 
Post subject: new dad 2nd time but struggling
Hello all, this is quite a long one...... just got lil one home for 1st tome since birth, all was ok apart from she has 2 large port stain birthmarks that are large...... this made the docs think poss a platlet disorder which really frightened me..... turns out she is nust fine! But since then ive been coping very badly and feel really emotional, any help would be great as i feel lost
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:55 am 
Post subject:
Hello, hope you're okay! My friend has a daughter who has a large birthmark on her face (but it is the type they will eventually be able to cut out as it's on her neck/chin) and my other friend has a sister with port stain birthmarks on her face also. I'm really glad that she's okay other than that but obviously if anything has not gone "to plan" with your child you're going to feel even more emotional than you would normally. My eldest has down's syndrome which I didn't find out about until I gave birth and I was pretty emotional too. It's a completely natural reaction to feel a bit up and down and hopefully it will resolve itself in time but if it doesn't it's worth having a chat with your doctor to think if it's worth getting some counseling or medication. Congratulations on the birth of your little one.. enjoy those early days as they don't last long x

gazzuk123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:36 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your response, feel really silly as i feel like crying and keep shaking even tho everythings ok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular