reversal at the Bmi Bath Clinic

laylo6
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:01 pm 
Post subject: reversal at the Bmi Bath Clinic
Hi....just wondering if anyone has had a TR at bath clinic? Im goin to ask my doctor to refer me here as where i live its really exspensive for a TR but at bath they quoted from £2700 Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:23 am 
Post subject:
Sorry I don't know anyone who has gone there Question Only thing I would say is don't just let the price sway you.
I know its a lot of money but the most important thing is getting a good surgeon, I was very impatient when it came to my reversal and without going into details we'd had to pay some bills for a family member using money which was part of our reversal fund and they weren't very keen to pay us back Rolling Eyes so I started to look at cheaper options and discovered keyhole was cheaper than open, that also appealed as after 3 previous sections I wasn't keen on the idea of open surgery, but that limited my options and to be honest the surgeon I went with although he seemed really nice and everything didn't keep records of patient pregnancies or even of his success rates at rejoining tubes, and I feel that's come back to bite me Question as 3yrs on I've never been pregnant, and as far as I know none of the other women on here who used him have either Question
Whereas as some docs like a Dr Pickles based in Nottingham seem to have a lot of ladies who get pregnant after seeing him Question
There's an outcomes post in this section that lists doc used and costs etc. that might help , but honestly I'd find a really good surgeon first and then try and find a way to pay for it even if it means getting a loan or something as if the op doesn't work and then you're looking at IVF that's another 3-5,000 there as well Shocked so £1,000 or so extra now could save you money in the long run.
Being willing to travel a bit can help as well as I know the south is more expensive purely because the private hospitals charge more for the use of the theatre and staff, and clinics very close to big cities often charge more and some surgeons operate out of several hospitals so if you find a good doc then you might be able to get the same op with him at a different hospital for less money Smile
Any questions if you post in the getting pregnant after reversal bit then you'll probably get more answers, it's actually for all ladies pre and post op and there's normally someone about Smile xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular