Had ectopic pregnancy and now can't get pregnant again

lifeisbeautiful
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
I had an eptopic pregnancy 3 years ago. I have been trying ever since to get pregnant. I had no luck. I got my progesterone levels tested and everything was normal. I get my period each month. I just dont understand what it could be!! There has to be some reason why we cant get pregnant after an eptopic pregnancy:/
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:28 am 
Post subject:
Have you had your other tube checked ? If the reason for your ectopic was tubal damage, maybe due to PID then it could have affected both tubes, there's a fairly simple procedure you can have called a HSG (hysterosalpingogram ) where they put dye into your uterus through your cervix using a small catheter and then see if it travels into your tube/tubes , If it doesn't or only goes part way, or does but very slowly it can give them a good clue as to whats going on in there Smile
I'm in a similar position for different reasons though, i lost my right tube during an Op and have been TTC (for 25 months)since with no luck,also with regular periods and all my hormone levels normal, after an HSG and then a laproscopy to confirm the diagnosis,I was told my only remaining tube is blocked, i'm now booked in for something called a tubal cannulation to see if they can unblock it Smile
If they can then there's a good chance we can conceive Very Happy
Sometimes its not the ectopic itself that causes a problem but the reasons for it in the first place, i would ask you GP for further investigations, she/he could refer you now as you've already been trying for 3yrs , good luck xx
Spadetwenty1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:50 am 
Post subject: Disappointed
I, too, had an ectopic pregnancy about 3 years ago. We have been trying since then. We have had no luck. My tube was removed, so I am only working with one. I have had the dye procedure to assure that there were no other scarring. All I hear is that I have to be patient. I have no kids and am afraid that I will never have the blessing. All my test results are returning as normal. My only prescription is to not stress and be patient.

I have always had a regular period until, about a year ago. I turned 30, and all of a sudden I have started with irregular periods. I cannot track my ovulation anymore, if I am even ovulating. I am at a point to where I am done. It is so depressing to continue to hope every month, with my irregular period, thinking that maybe this is the month that. May have a positive test. Meanwhile, my sisters continue to have ultimate success.

Very frustrated, discouraged, and just plain sad.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:33 am 
Post subject:
I'd go back to your doctors and ask for more tests now as it has been so long, Sometimes even if a tube looks fine on HSG then it still might not work properly, there could be external adhesions as well or an issue with anything from fibroids to endo or even that you're not ov'ing regularly, all of these things can be treated and if it does turn out to be a tubal issue then IVF is still an option Smile
I do know how you are feeling though as it's now 3 yrs of trying for me, I have been told my remaining tube is scarred though and sadly the cannulation last year didn't open it, but I still hope every month that by some miracle it will be open again and then get down when it doesn't happen, but after 3yrs of trying then it's worth having other investigations including a semen analysis for your partner as mens fertility can change too, Good Luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular