Off to the doctors this afternoon

xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:12 am 
Post subject: Off to the doctors this afternoon
Well this afternoon we're off to the doctors if I am honest I feel so nervous and sick my IBS is going mental as well which isn't helping! Praying I don't puke on the bus today Confused
I know there won't be any answers today it will be just a case of getting things started but it feels like we're finally admitting there's a problem out loud!
x
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:19 am 
Post subject:
Hi there,

I know exactly how you r feeling! We went to the dr a couple of months ago after trying and failing to fall pg with a second in 18months despite falling pg very quickly with DD. Our GP was really supportive, sent my DH for a SA which came back fine and me for blood tests and an ultrasound which also came back fine. You will see from my other post we are now waiting to see a consultant at the hospital on the 2nd so who knows what will happen there! I did definitely feel better after I had seen my GP though as it felt like I was actually taking control of things rather than sitting at home worried and depressed. I don't know if this will lead to a BFP for us but it is better to be doing something instead of nothing if you know what I mean.

Good luck I hope it goes well for you today and u feel better afterwards

X
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:29 am 
Post subject:
Good luck for today, I was the same before I went to my GP , it's hard because one the one hand it's like admitting there's a problem as you say which makes it all feel more real but then on the other hand it was a relief as it's one step closer to getting some help Smile I found things moved very quickly for me Question
I went on valentines day Rolling Eyes Laughing and I had my first Gynae appointment about 4 weeks later in mid march and then my HSG just a few weeks after that in early april(I'd already had bloods done 6 months earlier and my OH had done an SA so we got an immediate referral)I then went back to see her a couple of weeks later for the results and she agreed a Lap and dye would be a good idea, a few days later I got an appointment for the pre op and then got home from that to a call saying there was a cancellation and I could have the Op the next day Shocked Laughing So for me from going to the doc to having the Lap and dye was less than 3 months so there isn't always a long wait Smile xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:54 am 
Post subject:
Best of luck for today, I remember going to the doctors when it just wasnt happening and it was such a relief to finally start getting some help and some answers without plodding on in the dark any more.
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
hope everything went well, let us know the outcome.
x
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all
Well we went to the doctors she was lovely and really impressed that we'd booked a double appointment!
Anyway I've got to get a blood test done next Thursday conveniently it's the 23rd day of my cycle and the first day of holiday which is nice so no stressing. My OH has all the paperwork to his sperm test just got to ring up tomorrow and book an appointment to drop the sperm off, he's obviously got to abstain for 5 days so I'm hoping we'll keep BDing until a few days after I'm due to ovulate which is on Saturday I think and then he'll be getting nothing for a bit.
We were so immature though the poor doctor was trying to talk professionally about what he had to do for the sperm tests and I just kept sniggering poor woman. Think it was just the nerves!
Feel relieved that it's all in motion now and she said because we'd been trying for over 2 years that we'd be put straight on the waiting list for the other tests if we need them which seems promising.
We sat down and had a chat afterwards and we've agreed to try everything apart from IVF we both agreed that it's far too much emotionally for both of us and also it wouldn't be fair on my son to spend time away from him for something which might not necessarily work but we're going to take things as they come, we've also agreed that egg donation and sperm donation is not for us either! It's all quite emotional still we had this whole argument earlier on because he thought I said that I wouldn't have a laporoscopy etc what I actually said was I wasn't happy doing all the procedures involved in IVF but we're on the same page now which is good.
Finally feels like we're on the road to somewhere now instead of just hoping in vain.
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
Glad it went well. xx
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi all ive just been for a blood test.today is the 23rd day of my cycle. Is this the correct time of the month to test if I'm ovulating?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:42 am 
Post subject:
Glad it went well for you, I think the scariest bit is making the appointment in the first place, and it's good you have a GP who listens as well .
I used to think IVF sounded horribly scary too, that it would be emotionally draining and very cold and clinical, that's why I went down the reversal route, but 3yrs of TTC on having ended up having all sorts of other very clinical investigations and 3 operations that were at times emotionally draining and having heard many stories from women going through IVF, it now doesn't sound so bad Question , there are good things too, like always knowing what's happening at each stage, feeling like you're finally doing something positive etc. and there don't seem to be a huge number of hospital appointments either some women have managed to completely hide the fact they were doing a cycle from family, friends and even their children, so it might not be as invasive as you think . Of course hopefully you'll never need to even consider it as an option but I know for me as my other options ran out, it suddenly became a lot less scary an option Smile
My hospital said abstain for 3 days no more no less,for the SA as after 3 days they start to die so there will be more dead ones in the sample if you wait longer, strange how they all say different things Question Laughing I'd definitely go for it this weekend though as you never know maybe just being more relaxed knowing you've made the first move towards getting help might be enough to make something happen xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular