Working tax credits

waddle
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:31 am 
Post subject: Working tax credits
Hi I'm a struggling single mum with 2 children under 5. I'm currently working full time and I have a mortgage. I'm thinking of dropping to 28 hours as I'm struggling to find a balance with work and home. I'm really tired . A friend told me I might b better off as tax credits might top my money up. Does anyone know if this is true?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:15 am 
Post subject:
There's a calculator on the direct.gov tax credits site which tells you how much you could get based on your income, it's hard to say if you would be better off or not as there are two elements to it, one of which is just for the lowest earners that one entitles you to extra's that the other doesn't, and they've recently changed things too, with the benefits cap which applies to everything including tax credits and this new universal credit they're bringing in, but all the info you need to work it out should be on the direct.gov site xx
waddle
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:10 pm 
Post subject: Tax credits
Thanks so much for that I will look at it once I've got these two too sleep
Many thanks
juliebarns
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:57 pm 
Post subject:
So I have a friend who is in the same situation, and hers ended up being better for her. I'm really curious to know if you found out which would be better?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular