Drugs

kas123
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 am 
Post subject: Drugs
It looks like we may go private for IVF and had our first meeting on saturday.I have been told that i may get my drugs needed to IFV on the NHS has anyone had any luck with this?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
Your GP has to ask for funding for them, the best person to speak to is the practise manager as they actually complete all the paperwork and will have a better idea of if the local health authority is likely to say yes( I know this from pushing for other fertility treatments but not actual IVF ), Good luck xx
kas123
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:01 pm 
Post subject:
was kind of hoping that as I am on the ivf waiting list they would let me have the drugs as if I get pg it is one less for them to worry about.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
Its worth a try asking I guess, though with cut backs and things Im not sure what your chances of getting them free would be.
We had to pay for ours.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:25 am 
Post subject:
I'd definitely ask and push the point about you having the IVF privately even though you're on the list for NHS help as it may sway them, I'd find out about the NICE guidelines on waiting times as well as your NHS wait does seem very long and maybe use the recommendations as another reason why they should be helping you as I think they should be paying for the whole thing in your case, Good luck xxx
kas123
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
have now contacted my fertility doctor to see if I can get the drugs from them. ivf clinic did say that they would write me a prescription so I can shop around for the best prices. nutty did your clinic do this if so who was the best to get them from and how much we're they. I currently already get cyclogest so at least that is one less.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
Yep we asked for a prescription to go else where as the clinic were over priced for their drugs. We used Asda , Sainsburys and Tesco to get our prescriptions and I have to say all of them were pretty much 50% cheaper than the clinic prices which is shocking. What surprised me is Sainsburys slightly edged it and was a little less (not much) than the other 2.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular