car seats in back seat?

jade1985
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject: car seats in back seat?
hi i was wondering if anyone knew if its illegal to have 3 car seats in the back of your car? if so can my 4yr old sit in the front seat in his booster? thanks in advance
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
as long as they are fastened with 3 point seat belts its ok.

i asked at a car seat safety event and they said the back is the safest. If you must put one in the front, make sure it is the biggest child, and the airbag is turned off, or the seat is pushed right back.

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
I agree. Me and some friends have this debate often. I liked to have Lola in the front with me as a newborn but i guess that's more me being a new parent however she is always in the back now. I had her in her car seat plus 2 boosters for her cousins in the back last week as i do have a 3 point harness in the middle xx
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
I'm currently looking for a car wide enough for 2 boosters and a baby seat.. What car do you have hayley? Sorry to jump on your post Smile my mum has 3 boosters in her back seat when her husband is with them other wise one of the children are sat in the front (usually my 7 yo sister) x
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
I only have a hyundai getz. Its a squeeze but the little ones were comfy. Lola has the asda car seat too (which are fab!)
xx
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:57 am 
Post subject:
hayley2903 wrote:
I only have a hyundai getz. Its a squeeze but the little ones were comfy. Lola has the asda car seat too (which are fab!)
xx

Wow you did well, we had a squeeze getting 3 boosters in a Zafira! I have yet to try my focus

katie198920
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:08 am 
Post subject:
We got 2 forward facing and a baby car seat in my ford focus saloon, is a bit of a tight squeeze but all in there safe
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I'm sure that as long as they are fastened tightly with seat belts, then they are good to go, but just for future measures, I wouldn't even consider putting your little one in the front until they are the size they should be (around 12 years old). Just all of the risk involved plus I'm sure you've heard the stories and seen the accidents, and so I would recommend you don't do that so you can avoid that becoming a reality for you.
jade1985
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:03 am 
Post subject:
i never ended up doing either in the end. 3 seats wouldn't fit in the back and i never felt comfortable with the idea of having my eldest in the front! told my sister she would have to get the bus and meet us in town lol
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 am 
Post subject:
Before I got my new car we had 3 car seats in the back of the old one. I wouldn't even have questioned if it was legal or not :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular