Family grudges and negativity?!

Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:43 pm 
Post subject: Family grudges and negativity?!
Hey guys so me and my oh are thoughtly enjoying our pregnancy do far, we don't believe in silly stuperstitions and have bought a lot for the baby as its been planned we have saved a lot in secret so no-one asks favours ect, we it have enough for the baby my daughters birthday this month and moving out. So far my dads completely ignored me for months and yesterday I tried one last attempt to make sure my children have a grandfather in their lives, but so far no answer. My mum is grumpy and not yet even smiled at the thought of another baby we got our pram today and she scouled at us while we were having a "play" as parents to be do!. And my sister had a huge go at me over the phone when I first told her and hasn't been nice ever since, I almost feel like having a baby and moving out to start a new life is a crime, I'm really finding it hard without any of their support its actually breaking my heart :'( and they can't see it if I even try to talk to them I'm either being "over sensitive" or just plain "stupid" or in the wrong. I have support from my boyfriends family a lot actually but they don't live near us so I haven't exactly got that support around the corner. I've been like this from day 1 but I've tried to think it might blow over after a few weeks. It seems to be worse tbh and I honestly don't know what to do :'( any advice would be appreciated!
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry if i missed this. But what is it exactly that they arent happy with?
xx
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
The fact that I'm pregnant and buying things while we have the money where my partner has just been made redundant, we are choosing to move yet they are all in bad moods telling us we are stupid and just giving us the cold shoulder as if us being happy about this is a crime xxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
give them time, they will come around. they probably concerned for you guys, with another baby on the way, husband out of work, they worried how he will support you.
Good luck though to dh in trying to find work and take care of yourself.
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
I was pregnant at 18, and had my daughter at 19! My family reacted very badly to this and i spent my whole pregnancy feeling down and it really ruined it for me and actually ruined my experience with Lola as a newborn and took me a while to adjust as i hadn't had that time during pregnancy. I have a point here haha
I think you should explain to your family how they're making you feel because they may not understand and i'd hate for you to go through what i did xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular