How do you measure a successful day?

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:36 pm 
Post subject: How do you measure a successful day?
I use to be really hard on myself about being the perfect housewife, when things weren't done I'd feel like a lazy bum even though in reality I know that's not the case. So a successful day would include a spotless house, 2/3 loads of washing done and time spent having fun with the kids, dinner cooking when oh got home etc etc.
Now that I'm working nights I feel a successful day is mainly based on staying awake and making sure the kids are fed and happy! If . Manage a load of washing or to run the Hoover round brilliant!!
Funny how things change!!

How do you view a productive or successful day?
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
A successful day for me is knowing all 3 are fed and watered and in bed on time without injuries... Haha I do try to do oneload of washing a day and make sure downstairs is cleaned/tidied and vacuumed but otherwise it can wait Smile x
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
O god I never achieve what I want to achieve in a day! We are moving in 6-8 weeks so now I am trying to bin stuff sort cupboards and start packing. Also Charlotte has chicken pox in never bloody ends! Plus as no school we have turned int pazy bums and are staying in bed till 8am everyday! My house before children was spotless now it is terrible! Toys/clothes/potties/nappies everywhere and at the min we live on chicken and salad or stir fry xx

michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:09 am 
Post subject:
oh boy and i'm a perfectionest. im always picking up toys, tidying up and ensuring that the house is tidy, when in actualy fact, i should spend more quality time with my kids.
we both work, kids go to school and creche, but weekends is chaos, so i try to keep calm and remember that i need to live a little.
i do have a char once a week, which really takes the load off me. the house is at least nice and tidy for 1 day!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular