Insanity

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
I think the diet has been fab, I started the diet kast week and its super healthy. its how youre expected to eat. I have noticed my milk supply has got better though since eating 5 meals a day and its thicker! I would recommend the diet alone to everyone!

When you say it messed up your muscles how did it do it. most of insanity is cardio but there is some ab work too but I dont wanna mess my muscles up.. I do want a 6 pack though lol so might just go running until my muscles wont get messed from workouts cuz then at least I can still burn fat that way safely Question

Just wanna get back in my clothes for me and ohs anniversary in 2 weeks. My top half is completely gone back to pre preg size but I still can't get into my jeans.

Well ive managed to do the workouts everyday so far but think I might stop now as I really dont want a deformed tummy.. I do like how much energy its given me though. I guess I can hold off for another week or so. I can just continue eating the food from the nurtition guide for now and go on lots of walks. I just hope I haven't damaged my tummy already :/ xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
I asked my GP at my 6 week check if it was ok to start doing abdominal exercises and she said fine, just stop if it feels too much. I'm also curious about it messing up stomach muscles if start too early?

xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am 
Post subject:
To find out if your muscles are back together lie flat on your back with your knees bent and then lift your head and shoulders slightly of the floor whilst resting the tips of your fingers either just above or blow your belly button, it's normal to feel a gap of about 1 cm even when you haven't been pregnant recently, but if there's still a big gap I wouldn't do too much ab work. To be honest though when I had my first few kids they used to give you an abs and pelvic floor work out sheet to start straight away, just gentle stuff mind you, but with my first I went right back to doing everything I had before and within 5-6 weeks I didn't look like I'd had a baby Question
I think it's don't do anything too strenuous until you've had your check just so they can make sure there won't be an issue rather than because they expect it to cause problems Question
I think problems happen when those muscles don't go back together after a pregnancy usually because they've been overstretched which can happen with multiples pregnancies or just because they get weaker with each child think overstretched elastic bands Rolling Eyes Laughing and sometimes they actually have to stitch them together if they're not together and you strain too much you can get an umbilical hernia, but if they've gone back on their own they won't suddenly spring apart because you exercise you just have to be more careful of your back because strong stomach muscles help support your back and if your stomach muscles are too weak to take the strain of an exercise you could pull your back .
If you do see an increase in bleeding then that's normal as exercise helps your body get rid of what's there anyway and would just otherwise come out more slowly, its only sudden heavy bright red gushes that could be a problem and that's sometimes because there's a bit of retained placenta or other tissue stopping the blood vessels clamping off properly but normal bleeding getting worse is to be expected if you exercise.
As long as you get enough calories then your milk supply should be fine , my OH runs and the weight just drops of him, just wish I could join him really Rolling Eyes Laughing xx
AngelDelight
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hello!

Like you Ava's I'm a proper fitness freak! I started doing light crunches at 3 weeks but ones to incorporated kegel exercises too, I also went on my first run at 5 weeks. I took it easy as know tat relaxin hormone hangs around for a while.

But if you've always done fitness your body will be used to it so won't have to adjust to getting back pre pregnancy size. I exercised throughout my whole pregnancy and felt great. I'm back at the gym and go to buggy boot camp class once a week.

Fair play to you doing the insanity workout as that looks hard core! I've got the 30 day shred, I'm hoping it burns off my belly fat. How much weight do you have to loose till pre pregnancy weight, I still have a good half a stone!

Happy working out! X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular