Newbury races

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:56 pm 
Post subject: Newbury races
I'm going to ladies day at Newbury races on the 16th and I don't know what to wear! I love to dress up but I am from the north and our idea of dressing up seems massively out of synch with what I usually encounter when I go out around the Reading area. Has anybody been the races at Newbury before and knows if it's truly dressy or what? I don't want to look ridiculous when I go Laughing

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:58 am 
Post subject:
Follow this link and look through the photos. Like all the races I've been to some get dressed up like I love to and some just wear normal boring day dresses!

http://www.heart.co.uk/thamesvalley/events/photos/newbury-race-course-ladies-day-fun-sun
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
A mile away from me hehe. Are you going for Meatloaf or the races? I love meatloaf but am away for the weekend, very gutted. Have seen a lot of very dressed up people around for the races, enjoy choosing something Smile x

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
I went for a hen party, I wore an over the knee prom dress with a pink satin ribbon around my waist with pink shoes and a pink bag and one of those stupid head decorations/hats lol was not my usual attire but was good fun and I got completely wasted and gambled lots! Laughing

juliebarns
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah really you can just dress up however you want, and the people with the best costumes are usually the ones that are doing something new.
-----------------------------------------------------
Julie
abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:16 am 
Post subject:
We go to the races quite a lot and I tend to always wear smart trousers etc. (that said, we also go more often in the winter). Check the website as there is often a dress code but also check the weather and which areas you have access to. Nothing worse than wearing a lovely outfit and being freezing or soaked through! Newbury isn't as formal as places like Ascot or York. Have a lovely time! X
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for all the replies ladies. I think I have got something sorted.. possibly! Stacey I was invited by my kid's Dad's Mum (bit of a mouthful there hah) but apparently we're having an '80s night out afterwards and I really like Meatloaf anyway. I can't wait!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular