How to cope with 2 kids

Maiyasmummy17
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:46 pm 
Post subject: How to cope with 2 kids
Anyone got any advice lol I'm kind if freaking out a bit on how I'm going to get everything ready in the morning and bathing them at night etc. sounds silly I know! Thanks !!
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
haha i wouldnt worry!
I get Lola to do lots for herself now which you could maybe try? she'll get her own nappy and clothes out and even try to put on her shoes!
xx
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
I agree - also, make everything a game or a chance to help out mummy with a baby.

Routine & structure is vital in my house hold. Evie knows exactly what to do when to do it and so I do not have to ask her, simply remind her.

If you keep your LO away from the baby / don't allow her to get involved it can become a nightmare, get them to work together - Evie will go into Poppy's room before we do and they entertain each other whilst we get ready. It is lovely just hearing them laugh at each other and not having to worry xx

Kimmy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Believe it or not it will all slot into place. I remember freaking out just before my daughter was born thinking that they were going to tag team me. But looking back my daughter just slotted in with our normal routine. I think being a mum second time round is easier as you know you don't have to take the kitchen sink with you when you need to pop to Asda for a pint of milk.
Just make sure that you involve your other child. I did that and I found that it stopped the jealousy between them. They now fight like cat and dog as my son is five and my daughter is two.
You will be fine and within a few weeks you will look back and realise you were worrying for nothing as thats what I did. Good luck x x x x

keltru
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
I agree with the previous replies, it'll all fall into place. Definitely get your other child involved, my daughter loves to think that she's helping me, even if it's just fetching a nappy for me. My daughter is of an age where she can take herself to the toilet and dress herself so is quite independent anyway, that helps a lot. George absolutely adores his big sister, she gets the best smiles from him and the first time that he giggled he was giggling at her. X x

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry I have to disagree (there is always 1 lol), whilst I am sure once my 2 get older it will become easier at the moment its an absolute nightmare if on my own at bedtime (which is quite frequent as my OH does shifts), and from the research I've done into this as really I was at wits end lots of people who bedtime alone have the same issues.

My oldest is 2 and my youngest now 5 months, its unfortunate that bedtime for my oldest is when the youngest gets very crabby and it hasn't mattered which way round I do the bedtime routine and how much or little I get the oldest to help with the youngest, he's tired by this point and wants my full attention and helping out with his brother just doesn't cut it. In reality what ends up happening is I sort my oldest out and my youngest spends the hour (or most of it) screaming. SadSad

However the mornings and in the daytime are generally fine as yes the older one will help, but if he's tired too then no way not a chance lol. I suspect now he's starting to geta bit older I 'may' be able to reason with him, but seriously have you tried reasoning with a tired 2 year old lmao.

You will get into your own routine and it won't be as bad as you are imagining but there will be times when you are pulling your hair out or hating yourself because it seems like nothing you do is right, but don't worry this is normal.

Goodluck. xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular