home doppler

ruth1980
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:15 am 
Post subject: home doppler
I'm 19 weeks today and have just been given a Doppler by a friend to use at home, I of course can't find the heartbeat at all and am so stressed now I'm on the verge of tears, has anyone tryed one if these, I'm so panicked I feel sick.
becky35
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
i bought one off the internet best thing ever if your a worrier..i found a heart beat from round about 13 weeks but was an effort to find it dont worry just lay flat and have a good search im sure it will be there ...x
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
They really don't recommend them for this reason alone! You have to dig deep to find the heart beat and you would probably find yours and believe this to be the baby's therefore i never bothered but i work on a maternity ward who when asked said it was a bad idea to get one x
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ruth

It takes a bit of knack to find the heartbeat with the home Doppler - I found that sometimes (no matter how far along I was) LO just didn't want to be found and was in a position that made it very difficult!

Try to not even touch the Doppler for a week (or few days if you can't wait that long) then give it another go when you are calm and relaxed. Try not to fret too much - you will find it and it will be amazing!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular