Damn hospital

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:01 pm 
Post subject: Damn hospital
Didn't put all the tests we need down on the forms when referring us for IVF so we now need to have more time off work to go for another blood test each + I need to have a chlamydia swab.

AND they sent the forms to our old address(which is still my Mum's address luckily or we wouldn't have been any the wiser).

Just when you think you're getting somewhere..... Aaarggh Expletive
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:35 am 
Post subject:
Oh no poor you.Lucky it was your mum's address or you would be none the wiser. Sometimes I do wonder how they do a days work sometimes.
At least you have them now and came get things moving.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
And I've found out that they aren't even MAKING the referral 'til they have the results back so in the past 6 weeks we're precisely NO further forward.

Turns out the consultant orders the bloods but not everything that was supposed to be was done. Must have been work experience day in the lab. Rolling Eyes

Wonder if they ever think about how these mistakes affect people.

I'm fuming with them & really upset.
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:46 am 
Post subject:
That's so annoying Mad Do they not have a complaints procedure ?
I'm not generally one for official complaints but when it comes to stuff like this I'd be so fuming I think I'd have to Mad
If it's human error than the person involved needs to have it pointed out to them so they're more careful next time Confused
They probably don't think about it affects someone as to them its just a six week delay but to you it's absolute bl**dy torture waiting for that letter or call to say you've got the go ahead only to be hit with a disappointment and longer wait instead Sad
Such a good job your Mum hasn't moved Shocked
Hop things start moving quicker for you once these bloods get done xx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
You've hit the nail on the head Nat. There are ways to complain I'm sure but had so much going on lately (in the form of breathing problems, penicillin allergy I didn't used to have and found out about when getting a rash and worse breathing problems & an uncle diagnosed terminally ill with lung cancer)I'm not sure I have the energy for an official complaint tbh.
I have left them a bad review on NHS choices so we'll see if they reply to that(they have replied to some others on there) so at least would be aware that these problems exist.
I certainly couldn't have complained properly on the phone yesterday as I would have been rude quite frankly.

Oh, and AF due this Saturday making days 1-3 Saturday,Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday. If that happens I might just go Tuesday, lie and say it's day 3.

Just feeling like everything is a fight at the moment. I want this too much to give up on it but really struggling to be positive at the minute. xx
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:02 am 
Post subject:
God I hate the NHS at times that is so rubbish! Definitely lie about CD3 on Tuesday if you have to rather than waiting a whole other month - unless there is anywhere else you could go for the bloods that is open at the weekend. Sorry to hear you have other stresses as well it's not what you need on top of all this! Could you insist the test results are rushed through as it's their error?
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:56 am 
Post subject:
Thanks MZ. Test results don't normally take that long once you get them done so that's not the issue. They messed up my husbands too(didn't do his HepB Core) so he has to go back too(and also means it's not a one-off). xx
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:05 am 
Post subject:
I'd lie too, I had mine done on cd 5 as the nurse was only in twice a week and the doc wouldn't do them Rolling Eyes my cons said from days 1-5 they should be pretty much the same anyway so going on cd4 shouldn't make a difference to the results Smile
The bloods should only take a few days for the results not sure about the chlamydia I know I had that as a routine swab before my cannulation but they didn't tell me the results it was just in my notes that they were all negative when I went back for the Op Question
But it seems from Teebs experiences with her IVF journey that it's always worth checking every step of the way that things have gone through as anything that involves different departments within a hospital seems to cause problems Rolling Eyes
I know what you mean, sometimes you have to bite your tongue and go off to calm down as normally the person you're talking to isn't the one who made the mistake but it must be so frustrating especially with all the other stresses you're having right now xxx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Nat. It's good to know it won't affect things too much if it's day 4. They have replied to my complaint on NHS choices about the issue and the delay it's caused.

"Dear Anonymous, I am very sorry you have had this experience and the Trust would be very keen to hear from you directly as we may be able to assist by removing or reducing this delay. Would you be so kind as to contact us as soon as possible in order to facilitate this. Our number in the Patient Experience Team is 01279 827084 and we are available every weekday between 9am and 5pm to assist. I would urge you to contact us as soon as possible so we can eliminate any further delay insofar as it is humanly possible to so do."

Spoke to a lovely guy(although I so wish it was a woman who'd answered" who has taken a message for the team(I didn't see the 9-5 bit until I'd called). Oopsie

He's going to ask about the possibility of sending referral with results to follow. Highly doubt it will make a difference but at least the complaint is logged now and they can take the feedback on board.
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:47 am 
Post subject:
Yayyy for someone taking notice at least Very Happy
Hopefully they will send it with a results to follow note so the whole thing won't be delayed Smile
Goes to show that sites like NHS choices are a good idea and can make a difference Smile to patient care .
I know I checked my local hospitals out on there as we have a choose and book system in place so I could have picked from 4 hospitals to go to and found it very useful .
Fingers crossed they actually help you out if they can Smile xxx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
It does go to show it's a really good idea - as far as I'm concerned, even if it makes no difference to me they need to be aware of the issue and improve.

Had a nightmare time trying to get an appointment with a nurse at my GP surgery to have the swab too. Called first thing this morning and they had nothing - receptionist said she'd speak to nurse to see if I had to see a nurse or whether I could do swab myself and leave it with them & I should call back this afternoon for an answer.
I called back and they said I would need an appointment and I should call back on Tuesday Shocked when more appointments would be released.

It's right near the hospital so plan is to pop accross to the GUM clinic(it's a walk-in) on Tuesday when I'm getting my bloods done. Meanwhile, secretary will send referral saying results to follow and we're just hoping clinic doesn't reject it now. Please

Never thought I'd be so happy about a trip to the clap clinic! Laughing

xx
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:52 am 
Post subject:
I'm so blonde! I can't get it done when I go for bloods considering they're day 3 bloods. I've come on a day early so will be going for blood test this afternoon. Found a walk-in clinic in the same town as my work I can pop to when it's time assuming my Docs doesn't have a nurses appointment available soon when I ring them. Stress is playing havoc with my intelligence atm! Embarassed
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
Ok, so my bloods done Friday, nurse appointment booked for 1st thing tomorrow for chlamydia swab(eew!), hubbys NHS number got....
Hubby just needs to get his bloods done now.
We're only 8 weeks behind where we're meant to be. Rolling Eyes DOH! Expletive
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:25 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh KazM, At least you are going forward now at last. Hopefully it will get things moving faster now.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hopefully! xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular