Toddler beds

ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:05 pm 
Post subject: Toddler beds
My son is now just over 3 years old and is still in his cotbed. Just wondering where to move on from here?? Ive looked at toddler beds but its says only suitable from 18months-4years so seems pointless in that case? Then on the other hand normal single beds seem abit grown up, big and boring for a boy of his age! Any ideas or opinions appreciated! We are going to need the cot next year for new babes so want to get DS sorted in something new in plenty of time.

Also is there any particular mattress I should buy for him now? Thanks in advance, I have brain ache Confused

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
I moved my lo into a bunk bed (bottom) at 15 months. I just couldn't fit a cot into the boys room. He has had no problem in his big boy bed. He has a big lion who he shares his bed with. He's fallen out twice in nearly 2 years.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:07 am 
Post subject:
I put my daughter in a single bed last year so she was about 3. she seems to sleep better as she is such a fidget and has more room. She has fallen out a few times but did in the toddler bed aswell! she just moves about too much

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:18 am 
Post subject:
We put Flick in a single bed from about 2 1/2. Cheaper than getting a cot bed and then a normal bed x Smile

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
We got Isobel a midi sleeper - it's like a one person bunk bed with a den underneath. Fun and gives us some storage space - she has had it since just after she turned 3 as we needed her cotbed for Eden and wanted to give her plenty of time to adjust.
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
Charlie was in a single bed fRom around 17/18 months.. He's never called out but we had a bed guard just in case.. He's been in bunk beds since last November with his brother who was only 2 and a half. Charlie is on top.. I've never had any problems Smile xx
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
Ikea sell adjustable beds, they start out toddler bed sized but can extend twice until they end up being almost full single bed sized about 80 x 200cm I think, so just a little bit narrower, my DD had one and she slept in hers until she was about 9 ish so we definitely got our moneys worth from it, we only swapped it because she changed rooms and wanted a high bed.
They do lots of designs and have matching furniture for some of them as well, and they all come with side guards built in Smile and they sell the mattresses to go with them and they very reasonable on price xx
ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for that girls, very helpful. Will check out the ikea ones Very Happy

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
Ive got the Ikea one (white frame) and love it, ive had to move home as im hoping to get in for midwifery but means Lola is downstairs in her cot, as soon as there is somewhere safe i plan on putting her in her bed right away Smile let us know how you get on xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular