Wedding gift

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:36 pm 
Post subject: Wedding gift
Hi ladies, we are going to a wedding at the weekend and the couple already have a house so have asked for money which is fine but how much do I give? It's my cousins wedding (who we don't really see much except special occasions)

Bearing in mind I've had to buy clothes for the kids, and the hotel for the night is 150 Shocked We aren't that well off and I've already had to pay out tax and MOT on my car and booked things for my hubby's 30th.

So how much would you give? xx

Bobski1980
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:25 am 
Post subject:
It's a really hard one, I personally think its really rude to ask for money, it takes away the pleasure if giving a gift and the right to hide how much you've spent. I would say to just give what you can afford, don't make things a struggle because you are worried about not giving enough. I have also been asked to give money at a wedding and I'm not comfortable with it so I think I'm going to give gift vouchers x

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:07 am 
Post subject:
We have been to loads of weddings were they've asked for money. We usually give 30 if we don't know them that well and 50 if we're close.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:04 pm 
Post subject:
Just give what you would have spent on a present.
Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
I would get them a present!
I think its a bit rude to ask for money, its so cold!
I bet on the day they will be pleased to have a little something to unwrap
Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:16 am 
Post subject:
We normally give 20/30 depending on how close we are to them and 50.00 if they're really close.

We were invited to our best friends sisters wedding a few weeks ago as late seat fillers haha, only gave them 20.00 as we had to rush out and buy outfits as we were only invited literally the weekend before the wedding so were too skint to give much else.

I understand people asking for money as thats what we did due to us having our own house but if you do ask for money you have to be prepared that not everyone can or will give huge sums.....and don't forget, just because thats what they asked for doesnt mean you cant still just byu a gift. We received lots of gifts from people, a few of whom said they didnt actually like giving money.

xx
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone! In the end we gave 30, it was a lovely wedding just a shame my boy had to announce to the whole church that he was 'tooting really loudly mummy and I'm still going'! Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked Boys!! x

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
tooting! class!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular