differences between early pregnancy and water infection?

AnnaElizabeth
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 am 
Post subject: differences between early pregnancy and water infection?
Hello, basically tuestday I was down Bedminster and everything in myself was fine. I needed the loo and out of nowhere I had burning wee and wanting to go loo every second.( this has never happened to me before, I drink loads of water and am healthy due to taking metformin) Wednesday I went doctors. but was a late appointment and didn't catch the chemist on time. Wednesday night I fell in loads of pain up my sides, back, belly literally everywhere where I rang 999. they was no help and said all I needed was my antibiotics. I got my antibiotics first thing in the morning, my belly, my right side of back and side is fine. but cant say the same about my left. its still sore. it doesn't hurt when I wee either now. I vomited on tuestday and Wednesday early hours of the morning. Iv noticed im having loads of white creamy discharge and my smells are so strong. I have been on metformin for 4 months as I have pcos, and trying to conceive. I feel so unwell in myself and not sure if its the water infection or if I am pregnant. I have 6 days to go until I come on aswel. any advice would be fantastic

http://www.drugs.com/answers/pregnant-806038.html
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
Not going to be what you wan to hear but my advice is to drink plenty (weak squash is better than water for flushing through a water infection) and wait and see on the other bit.

Good luck.
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
It sounds like a water infection which would make you feel very poorly, there is nothing an ambulance crew can do for that except what they advised you. The antibiotics take a few days to really start working so won't make you feel instantly better. I would say see how you get on with the antibiotics and see if af arrives. If af arrives and you still feel unwell you may need another course of antibiotics, if it doesn't take a test. Urine infections can be quite common in pregnancy too. KazM that's interesting about the squash I've not heard that before, why is that? X

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not sure exactly why. My sister had a water infection and her GP advised it. I've tried same thing a couple of times since. Managed to flush it out without antibiotics once but not the next time but it still helps.

My theory is that it gives your kidney something to work on whereas water would find it's easiest route through and not clear anything. That could be completely wrong though.
Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
Was just interested as I'm medical but hadn't heard that but its an interesting theory, got my grey matter working. Iohjtvtry that next time I get one as I've always just had water before x

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
Ah right, what is it you do?
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:50 am 
Post subject:
The barley water drinks are supposed to be good with UTI's Question Something to do with reducing the acidity of your pee I suppose, which might not help clear it but could at least make it sting less and it also has a mild diuretic effect, which is also why women are told to drink cranberry juice too.
If you have a full on kidney infection though you really need antibiotics and it's very important to finish the course even if you have started to feel better as it can flare up again if you stop taking them, and lots and lots of fluids to try and help clear the infection out.
Any time you get cystitis or suspect a UTI, you should keep a close watch on it for travelling to your kidneys as it can make you very unwell very quickly.
Shockingly quickly in fact Shocked
I went from thinking I maybe had cystitis in the morning but it wasn't bothering me too much so I just upped my fluid intake, to getting back pain in the afternoon, which I put down to sleeping funny, to saying to my ex I didn't feel like going out at 7pm, to being rushed to hospital by 10pm by ambulance Shocked which the out of hours GP actually rang when my ex told them my symptoms over the phone, I was delirious and with a sky high temp and suspected toxic shock syndrome, which turned all out to be down to a kidney infection Shocked
It took 5 days in hospital on intravenous anti B's and fluids to get it under control and I was lucky not to suffer long term kidney damage,
If I ever felt like that again out of hours I would go to A&E and not wait for a doctors appointment .
I'm a bit shocked actually that they just told you to wait and go to your GP as you can suffer kidney failure if you have an untreated infection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular