nhs ivf waiting lists around the uk

kas123
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:10 pm 
Post subject: nhs ivf waiting lists around the uk
we finally had our first appointment yesterday. only 10 months from when we were first referred. he told us he has now put us forward for ivf. he then told us that firstly it is another 10-12 months wait and secondly I would need to find my own egg donor. where do you find one of those. we where planning on moving back to England next summer but don't know what to do now. husband works in London and is now away all week so would like to move closer to where he works but don't want to start over again on another long waiting list.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
Well for East of England, it varies - we were referred to Bourn Hall Cambridge and wait was 6-8 weeks from referral. Make sure you would be eligible just moving back to the area first though (I think you would but don't want to give you bad advice and you to miss out. We're based in Hertfordshire and got the choice of BHC, Hammersmith & Oxford(yes, that town in Oxfordshire which is about 80 miles from us!!).

I highly doubt you could be worse off for waiting times than you are now though!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular